1. DarknessSealer

OP DarknessSealer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello, I'm trying to mod MK8D and I need a menu.szs file among other files to be able to change the UI in-game but I don't have any UI files whatsoever. How do I get the files? I've modded MK8 already and I have the files but for some reason I don't have any files for MK8D. I could really use some help here.

EDIT: So, I found out that I need to dump MK8D but there are no tutorials whatsoever on how to do this and some people just assume that I should know automatically which is some pretty dumb logic. So, does anyone know how I can dump MK8D to get the files I need to mod? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by DarknessSealer, Jul 26, 2020
  2. masagrator

masagrator The patches guy

Poland
    They assume you should search first before asking for something that has many tutorials on this site and on google.

hactool or nxdumptool - those tools will allow you to unpack game files.

3. DarknessSealer

OP DarknessSealer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I feel like I looked all over the internet and came up empty which is why I posted this. Idk how yo're finding these tutorials so easily cause for my results I'm not finding anything. I finally ended up finding a video on how to dump MK8D though and installed my mods.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - modding, Deluxe, Mario