Mario Kart 7 connection error

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Sheimi, Oct 9, 2012.

Oct 9, 2012

Mario Kart 7 connection error by Sheimi at 2:51 AM (1,016 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Sheimi
    OP

Member Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Japan
    For some reason, when I try to connect to Mario Kart 7 I get "An error has occurred". I had my router's firewall disabled. I can use the eShop, Swapnote, Nintendo Video, Netflix, and the inernet browser with no problem at all. I had the update applied for MK7 and on the current 3DS firmware. Wireless Router I have is a Belkin. Any ideas?

2. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    i'm getting this too. when the game tries to find players it hangs.

3. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Try to port forward the 3DS.

4. flygon12345

Member flygon12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    well that is right but it doesnt help as people like us didnt know how to do it...untill we did it....(like us lol if we never had this problem we wouldnt have known about it)

so here is the deal...go to you routers settings on ur pc and do this

search for DMZ (it's probably in the Advanced or NAT section/tab). Check "enabled" and assign it to your 3DS' IP (there should be a box there for setting the IP). If you don't know that IP, you should manually set one: on your 3DS, go to System Settings -> Internet Settings -> Connection Settings -> (select the one you're using) -> Change Settings -> Tap that arrow on the right of the touch screen -> IP Address -> Check 'No' -> Detailed Setup -> For the IP address, put XXX.XXX.XXX.150 (the Xs being the first 9 numbers of your router's gateway) -> For Subnet Mask, put 255.255.255.000 -> For gateway, put your router's gateway -> OK -> OK -> Now you must set the DNS... 004.002.002.001 for the Primary and 004.002.002.002 for Secondary (got these from Nintendo's Online Support) -> OK -> And finally... SAVE! Now just have to put the XXX.XXX.XXX.150 IP on the DMZ settings I mentioned earlier.

well that was alot to type .....this should solve the problem...and ya this is port forwarding :)

5. BlackAngel5

Member BlackAngel5 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It probably had something to do with the actual game , since mine was also getting that message and going all weird :/

6. Sheimi
    OP

Japan
    Tried what you posted flygon12345. Still get the same error. I'll try changing the wireless channels on my router then.

7. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    If you have SIP ALG in ur settings then enable it.
    And try DMZ too.
    You do all the same that Flygon said + add the IP that you used for the 3DS in the DMZ.

8. Sheimi
    OP

Japan
    Yes, the 3DS IP is enabled in DMZ and did what Flygon said. I even tried adding it to the Virtual Server List and same thing. As for the SIP ALG, I cannot find in my router settings. If this helps any (Not sure if it does) Belkin Router F6D4230-4 v2