Mario and Sonic at the olympic winter games problems

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by thatrobert, Oct 12, 2009.

1. thatrobert
    OP

Newcomer thatrobert Newbie

United States
    I got a problem,when i get to a level called icepeak on adventure mode it freezes,but the rest of the game works fine,I followed the instructions of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSHholOuJec Can anybody help me with this please.The flash card i'm using is the R4.

2. mariobros1

Member mariobros1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Me too the same problem happens when I enter icepeak.

3. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Um, did you try this Patch? (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184655) If you didn't try this Patch, remember to get a CLEAN Rom of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games...you can Also use your SAV file with the Patched rom as well. Just make sure to Match up the NDS and SAV file's name. For Example: If you have "Pokemon Heart Gold.nds" you would turn that into "Pokemon Heart Gold.sav" without the Quotations.

EDIT: I tried The Patch that I linked to and the ROM worked perfectly.

4. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    This patch DOESN'T fix Icepeak issue (even IPS patch doesn't, on both versions). Only AKAIO 1.5 can get past this area.

5. stab244

Member stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow...

On-topic: Update YSMenu maybe if you're using YSMenu.

6. Yuan

Brazil
    It freezes even at YSMenu.

7. Yuan

Brazil
    Format your MicroSD with Panasonic Formatter and reinstall AKAIO, surely will solve your problem.

8. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    Rofl, melt it with AKAIO. Guys, this game has not even been released yet, don't expect a fix for the game yet . [​IMG]
    Currently im waiting for it to come out, then im buying it to dump it. [​IMG] Does yasu still update YSmenu often? If so, just wait for him to do so.

9. Yuan

Brazil
    Fixes comes with new DSTT firmware versions (now unnoficial ones), not with new YSMenu versions. And Yasu doesn't update it since March.

10. stab244

Member stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Supposedly the new M3 TouchPod firmware fixes it... Not that that helps you in anyway whatsoever.

11. ZeWan

Newcomer ZeWan Member

United Kingdom
    Hey.
    I use r4

Basically, I just need someone who can get past the Icepak part in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (U) to make me a save after the freeze at this point. I heard it works on Acekards so help? [​IMG] It'll only take 5mins maximum

Probably a lot of people are stuck with this same problem but I can't find a topic with the saves in ;\.

BTW, I would like to keep my course records and mission numbers along with my gallery so I'm gonna upload the save and I hope someone wll help me ;].

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XA040RXZ