Hacking Mariko SX core modchip battery draining very fast

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
First I'm a noob when it comes to this. I bought a modded chip SX core switch for a year at this point. Thing is everything had been working well except the battery.
I have updated the CFW and the OFW to the latest compatible. Been playing skyward sword and enjoying it however I just found out a Mariko switch was supposed to last at least 4 hours depending on the game. My Mariko switch seems to last 2 hours max even when playing a light game like golf story. I think something's wrong with the battery maybe autorcm but I'm not really how to disable it should it is a culprit.

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
autorcm shouldn't be doing anything to battery unless you turn off your switch fully. Go into hekate and check the battery capacity.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, its probably not a mariko, if it was, autorcm would brick it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well autoRCM doesn't have anything to do with your unit since you are using a SX Core, as for your problem goes it might be poor soldering from whoever you bought the unit from, bad soldering could be one reason, also you could try to recalibrate with hekate.

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Well autoRCM doesn't have anything to do with your unit since you are using a SX Core, as for your problem goes it might be poor soldering from whoever you bought the unit from, bad soldering could be one reason, also you could try to recalibrate with hekate.

Thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate on the recalibration via Hekate?

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
"A serial number beginning with “XK” indicates a Nintendo Switch model with improved battery life."
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...soles-With-Improved-Battery-Life-1671732.html
Yep it's a Mariko.
Thanks for the info but the battery is certainly far from improved I think in my case. If I can't even get to play for a full 2 hours on handheld mode with Skyward sword.

Hekate automatically recalibrate the battery when you load up hekate.
I'm not sure if I have hekate installed in the first place. Any way to check it?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info but the battery is certainly far from improved I think in my case. If I can't even get to play for a full 2 hours on handheld mode with Skyward sword.

I'm not sure if I have hekate installed in the first place. Any way to check it?

You can load it from SX OS Bootloader menu.

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

It is a payload, inject in from SX OS bootloader menu or you can set up Spacecraft-NX to load payload without SX OS bootloader menu.
Forgive my ignorance. I downloaded the file and extracted the bootloader folder to my SD card root. Yet when I tried to launch the payload by holding the plus button and the turn on switch I couldnt find hekate in my payload only thing there was recycle bin. What am I doing wrong?

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use SXGear from their downloads site, replace boot.dat on your SD with Gear's, put the ini on there aswell and rename hekate_XXX.bin to payload.bin (also being on the root of your SD).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my ignorance. I downloaded the file and extracted the bootloader folder to my SD card root. Yet when I tried to launch the payload by holding the plus button and the turn on switch I couldnt find hekate in my payload only thing there was recycle bin. What am I doing wrong?

you have to enter the SX OS bootloader menu by holding + volume button as the switch is booting up, as for the payload loading you then load the hekate payload from the option-> payloads tab.

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
you have to enter the SX OS bootloader menu by holding + volume button as the switch is booting up, as for the payload loading you then load the hekate payload from the option-> payloads tab.
There is no Hekate as a payload option. I put the bin file in the bootloader payload folder somehow my switch can't find it only a recycle bin option for payload
IMG_20210823_233808.jpg

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no Hekate as a payload option. I put the bin file in the bootloader payload folder somehow my switch can't find it only a recycle bin option for payload

The Hekate payload needs to be in the root of the SD card for SX Core to see it. All payloads need to be in the root. The bootloader\payloads folder is only for payloads you will launch through Hekate. If you have an iPatched Erista you need to click on SX Core > Clean Up before running Payload > Hekate.

Last edited by raging_chaos,
Reactions: Hayato213

Ing17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Was able to load into hekate but ironically the battery life is now worse for some reason. Been playing clubhouse game for 20 mins and it went from 100 to 87 percent I think that is definitely not normal for a Mariko. Guess I'll have to replace a battery? then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night