Marcan vs Brakken, your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by bazamuffin, Apr 16, 2009.

Apr 16, 2009
  1. bazamuffin
    OP

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    I just personally think someone should make a homebrew 2D fighter based on this catfight (would be funny)

On a serious note, if Brakken feels so strongly about the way Marcan behaves, he should have been more tactful with his comments. In one of Brakkens statements he refers to Marcan and his followers actions as being 'counter-productive', yet Brakkens comments have caused a well respected coder to leave the scene. Brakken also accuses Marcan of throwing temeper tantrums, yet his post sounds like a 6 year old stamping its feet and whining about not getting its own way.

So should we be p'd off that Marcan has left the scene, or be p'd off at TehSkeen & Brakken for causing him to?

Or is this just another Marcan 'temper tantrum'?

2. Tigran

Member Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    While I've read both arguments, as -much- has I hate to say it.. I honestly thinkt hat we are better off without Marcan for many reasons.

I will agree that he made contributions to the scene. Of that there is no doubt. But the guy was a jerk, pure and simple. He always wanted to argue as long as he thought it was in his favor.

To many people feel the need to forgive him because he did several good things in the scene. However this is a problem in general and not just in the homebrew scene. Someone is being a jerk and developing a god complex, as Marcan really was, he should be called on it. And just like Brakken has been, he too should be called on being a jerk.

However this indicates another problem. If Marcan is honestly this hurt by a website's editorial... how long before someone angered him and he put a piece of damaging code into one of the programs.

3. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Brakken is an idiot. Has been for quite some time.
    He's articles are posted simply to stir up trouble and gain hits for the crappy site.

Best off taking no notice.

4. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    I'm on the side of people like Brakken and Waninkoko myself.

5. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm on marcan's side, there was ways to use homebrew before the twhack but it made it a hell of alot easier! Sure if he talked to people in a calm manner then a jackass like brakken wouldn't make rants targeting him. And tbh i'm sad to see him go....no more blog updates >.

6. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    lol you remind me of the guys in south park, where when something goes wrong they all rally in front of the mayor's house and say ''rabble rabble rabble'' because they want to be pissed off at someone but don't really know who.

7. FlatFrogger

Member FlatFrogger GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Last thing the internet needs is another mouthy antipiracy zealot, people say brakken is an idiot causing stuff to stir marcan but it takes just as big of an idiot to bite the bait and then backlash at others too which marcan did a very good job at.

8. sgwiiboy

Member sgwiiboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    To be perfectly frank, I couldn't care about what either of them do anymore. I am sick of their over inflated opinions of themselves and reading rants and tantrums from both of them.

I don't care if Marcan never comes back and I have long stopped visiting Skeen. All Brakken ever does is post things from other forums anyway.

9. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    this is the kind of beef that can ruin the scene... too bad marcan left the scene.
    hopefully the TT didn't stopped their projects (bootmii!), but always keep in mind that with marcan and the TT, no homebrew channel would have been out... meaning that the scene will still be in the early ages.
    so don't spit at anyone who contributed to the scene, be it marcan or wanin.