Hacking Manually updating romfs.bin for backups

Assasin1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Updates are fine... DLCs are a hit and miss... Zumoly posted above that Octo Expansion works fine for him... meanwhile Xenoblade DLCs didn't work
Zelda DLC also make the game crash but who know , maybe it's because of romfs folder instead .bin ... i have here 48.000 files lol :D

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Zelda DLC also make the game crash but who know , maybe it's because of romfs folder instead .bin ... i have here 48.000 files lol :D

Zelda DLC crash because the romfs have a lot of files, if you delete the voices of unused languages the game load but the dlc not work.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I think there must be more to the dlc than just the format (file or folder) cause both worked for me and with the same speed. I will eventually try to layered them all. For now I layered the dlc onto the updated cart game and it works.

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think there must be more to the dlc than just the format (file or folder) cause both worked for me and with the same speed. I will eventually try to layered them all. For now I layered the dlc onto the updated cart game and it works.
What you got the dlc with the update and game a .bin file ?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I tried that with both Zelda and XC2 and no luck, eventually gave up :v

Unfortunately some games don't play nice with the update in layeredfs. Therefore trying to merge them all together with the dlc is what causes the issue.
The DLC itself is fine and could be combined with the base game without crashing it. But sadly the DLC will most likely require the latest update.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately some games don't play nice with the update in layeredfs. Therefore trying to merge them all together with the dlc is what causes the issue.
The DLC itself is fine and could be combined with the base game without crashing it. But sadly the DLC will most likely require the latest update.
That is what I thought! Gonna test Zelda with DLC in LayeredFS way just for the sake of it... tomorrow xD

Reactions: HoTsHoTz79

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah normally.
Assuming you have the latest update as well.
DLC for Zelda, im testing now, insite de titleid folder (im assuming is the title id for Zelda if im using the original cartridge) I only have the romfs, do I need the exefs folder (the DLC didn't give me anything with exefs folder)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1