Hardware Manually Improve Joycon Connection

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello team!

As we know that Nintendo is not putting to much effort in solving the joycon wireless connection issues, I have got to the conclusion that I have to be the one who fixes my own joycons.

I have read in many sites (within internet) that some people disasemble and do something like solder a cable to be as an antenna, or put a foam to improve the connection....So well, I would like to do something like that, but I would like to do it well and avoiding potential risks, and that is why I open this post.

So the questions are:

• Which things can we do in-hose to improve the connection of the joycons?
  • Do you know where I can find a reliable manual?
  • Are they safe?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards

Eipok

Last edited by Willsito_GG,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello team!

As we know that Nintendo is not putting to much effort in solving the joycon connection issues, I have got to the conclusion that I have to be the one who fixes my own joycons.

I have read in many sites (within internet) that some people disasemble and do something like solder a cable to be as an antenna, or put a foam to improve the connection....So well, I would like to do something like that, but I would like to do it well and avoiding potential risks, and that is why I open this post.

So the questions are:

• Which things can we do in-hose to improve the connection of the joycons?
  • Do you know where I can find a reliable manual?
  • Are they safe?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards

Eipok

New rails on switch and joycon?

Tiny piece of tape/card/paper behind joycon pins on joycon side?

Good layer of solder on the contact pads on the switch side?

Thats about it...

Last edited by mattytrog,

Friss

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, ive had some connection issues with my left joycon from the beginning. It was really annoying, soo i had to fix.

In my case little piece of foam solved the case. It is easy to do as you can google image with exact position where you need to put foam and also watch entire joycon disassembly on YT.

As for safety.. well that depends on your manual skills. You just need to be careful with the screws (get proper screwdriver) and with thin ribbon cables which connects pretty much everything inside joycon.

Whole thing took me couple of minutes, and it fixed the short range issue.

Reactions: Willsito_GG

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have found something for the left one:

Joy-Con.jpg

Source: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2017/03/23/nintendo-have-resolved-left-joy-con-issues-going-forward/

But for the right one?? Do you know where to find an evidence of the position to locate the foam for the right one?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New rails on switch and joycon?

Tiny piece of tape/card/paper behind joycon pins on joycon side?

Good layer of solder on the contact pads on the switch side?

Thats about it...

I think the OP is referring to wireless connection issues, not issues while the joycons are physically connected.

tyler004

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is for the left joy-con not sure about the right also the foam is a thing Nintendo started adding to there official controllers but no one can tell which

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo