tongue.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lagman said:
"Police said: "He wanted it, so he took it", probably just like the character on the game that he wanted: Grand Theft Auto"

Haha easily the best part of the video hahaha

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
uhaha, my mom always thinks I'm gonna be a criminal when I play GTA or another 18+ game tongue.gif

Well I just hope you are over 18 - the rating is there for reason.

When I purchased my copy of GTA IV I was suprised at how many mothers were asking after the game for thier children who were to busy to buy it ...I.E. at school...I even witnessed a mother on the bus this morning tell her 2 children (aged 8 -10) "if you had a playstation 3 you could have it, I asked the man in the shop if it's comin out on the PS2 and he said no." I mean WTF - 8 - 10 years olds!! And I do believe she would allow them to play the game...

Anyway back to my point, if you are under 18 then your mother is correct, you are indeed a criminal, its against the law for you to play or view the content on the disc. Although I dont agree with all the bad ,negitive press GTA gets I do think stricter policy should be put in place to ensure the person who purchases such a game is doing so the enjoyment of adults (18+) only. Its about time people realised that games are no longer just for kids... Adult games are intended to be for adults only, parents seem niave and think "its a game, cant do any harm" - thats wrong. Maybe these game sshoudl be kept behind the counter to stop kids from even looking at the box.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think its a law that you can't play it if you're under 18, I think its just illegal to sell it to kids who are under 18.

And in North America, its 17

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
It's law - when you go to the cinema you dont buy the film, you watch it. If your under 18 and the film is an 18 then it is against the law for you to view it. It's really that simple. The same goes for the consumption of alchohol for under 18's (UK) and now even tabacco. People under the age of 18 have not yet reached the maturity to define the differences between "in game fun" and "real life situaltions". The weekly knife attacks/ killings by teenagers in London serve as proof for this. Under age kids indulging in adult activities such as drinking, smoking and watching adult material pervert thier limited preception of this world to the point that they can no longer define right from wrong or at the very least no longer care to.

The bad publicity generated from this game is mainly due to the morons who supply their children with this material. The thieft of this game only helps fuel this franky stupid parade - the stabbings didnt help either :S.

Timmyhawky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm 14 years old.

The only way GTA makes me a criminal is the 18+ rule. When I went to the shop to get GTA SA: "Sorry, I can't sell this game to you since you are not 18." So they made me have it to download the game. Well, they forget to mention the 18+ rule in another shop so I still could buy it.

Are you seriously thinking I'm gonna throw people out of their cars, kill them, sell prostitutes and drive tanks because I play GTA a lot?

The 18+ rule even makes people more aggressive/criminal. Ppl will need piracy/theft of the games.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing wargames for longer than most of you have been breathing.

I've yet to become a dictator with ambitions of starting a war of world conquest.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
:|

It's not against the law to play or buy an 18+ game if you are under 18, at least not in the US.
Well the laws could be very different where you are, but in most places it's not illegal to play it and in many places it's not illegal to buy it.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mewgia said:
:|

It's not against the law to play or buy an 18+ game if you are under 18, at least not in the US.
Well the laws could be very different where you are, but in most places it's not illegal to play it and in many places it's not illegal to buy it.

It is against the law in the UK, and many other countries ... any store that sells an 18 certificated title to someone under 18 is risking prosecution and a fine, also, since certain changes in the laws were made, the individual staff member risks separate prosecution, in addition.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
That idiot should have pirated it like a mild idiot instead of stealing from a store like a total idiot! some people these days just don't know the mildly safer way to steal
lecture.gif

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no law in the US restricting sales of games based on the content, aside from the laws that prevents selling adult movies/magazines to minors. Since games that would violate that rule are rarely made (and not allowed on any of the consoles), this really isn't much of an issue. There are a variety of reasons why the laws that get passed always get struck down in court, usually relating to either:
1) no proof that the games cause actual harm to minors. Or
2) use of the ESRB rating system would give governmental autority to a non-governmental agency.

That's not to say that most retailers won't sell M-rated games to minors, though. The ESA can make live pretty rough for any retailer that gets caught selling to minors, and as such, the retailers will likely fire anyone who does get caught.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth1n6 said:
That idiot should have pirated it like a mild idiot instead of stealing from a store like a total idiot! some people these days just don't know the mildly safer way to steal
lecture.gif

Exactly! Lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu