Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I recently installed the following version of Mame Wii for a few arcade roms:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SDL_MAME_Wii

I noticed that sometimes when I'm quitting a Rom, it appears Mame will crash and display the following:
2014-07-15194056_zps6cea1c3a.jpg

Not sure if this is a normal thing with Mame Wii, or if I'm experiencing a specific bug / issue. Again, this doesn't happen with ALL my Mame Wii Arcade roms, but with most of them, this error occurs when trying to quit (Pressing both the + and - buttons on the Wii-Mote).

If anyone has any additional information, or needs me to test anything, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks in advance!
--Asif

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello.

Seems you load many large roms consecutively.
MameSDL Wii is outdated, FYI. I DO still use it however for some games. I attach a pic of what games work great on it:

untitled.PNG

HOWEVER, i got great news for you: HUNDREDS of classic arcade games are playable in Retroarch (FBA, CPS1, CPS2, NEO-GEO) Wii and with perfect perfeormance.
I also attach a compatibility list (made by a member of gbatemp, not me) so you will know what works and whatnot. Just make sure to download retroarch Wii and FBA-specific roms.

Ask in the Retroarch thread for more info. :)

Attachments

• fba_compat_list.zip
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,436
Reactions: Shadow-Zero

A4orce84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks nakata6790! So you are using Retroarch as a "MAME Replacement?"

Also, why is no one working on MameSDL any longer? Did they abandon the project?

Thanks.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
One of the main Wii Retroarch coders is the guy who previously worked on SDLMame, ToadKing.
RA runs perfectly those games mentioned in the compatibility list.
There are a few that i still ran through mameSDL (see list pic above) but ALL else is RA.

Anyway, RA Wii is not only forArcade (Neo Geo, CPS1, CPS2, FBA) but ALSO SNES, NES, GBA, GBC, GB, Sega MS, Sega MD, Sega SG-1000, Game Gear, & WonderSwan. Do yourself a favor and look it up, it is one of, if not the best emulator on the Wii :)

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just delete the following from your SD card...​
root of sd card...​
folder called RETROARCH
(make sure if you have any roms stored in there that they are backed-up first!)
and delete from the APPS folder​
RETROARCH-WII
just unzip the downloaded file and copy the folder RETROARCH-WII over to the APPS folder on your sd card... and you're good to go​
its that simple
*remember that FBAlpha romsets are different from MAME32​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."