Malware found?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Splych, Jun 27, 2009.

Jun 27, 2009

Malware found? by Splych at 5:06 PM (626 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Yea well, this malware was found on my laptop.

avast! detected it, and everytime I try to move it to the chest, it gives me this message: avast!:

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Cannot process: "C:\Documents and Settings\My User Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE6DTAPF87\php.default.min[1].js"file

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

2. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    combofix from bleeping computer. i guaranty you it will be remove because combofix will stop the explorer and no prgrams will be used so the removal of the virus can be removed.

can someone stickied combofix?

4. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Gonna try Malware Bytes first. Then will try Combofix if it doesn't work. Hopefully these will work. Since I never get virus' on my desktop, I don't know much... Since Google Chrome and avast! are always there to protect my PC xDD

5. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    you open combofix first then an anti malware like mbam. i suggest open kaspersky online scan after combofix so you can get a FULL DETAIL on your PC and the unremoved infected files. save those logs.

if you use XP, you need to download the recovery console but it's your choice. I ignore it if i were you as i dont see any problems with combofix

6. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    It suddenly disappeared? I kept on moving it to chest, since Malware Bytes was still scanning. Then after, I tried remove/delete. Multiple times after remove/delete, it stopped and disappeared?

Weird...