Making my M3i-Zero compatible with my 3DS?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Tormentor667, May 14, 2011.

1. Tormentor667
    OP

Tormentor667 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Dear GBATemps,
    I have recently sold my DSiXL and bought myself a 3DS. Now the big question is, how can I make my M3i Zero compatible with the 3DS? What important things and changes do I have to take care of?
    Thanks and cheers,
    Dan

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ The saint of all the sinners

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You need to flash it, but it doesn't change anything other than allow you to get gain access to the DS-Mode of the 3DS.

3. Tormentor667
    OP

Tormentor667 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2010
    Gambia, The
    I know about that, that's okay, the question is just, how to flash it? I already did this for my NDS where it worked fine. Do I only need to place the new firmware in the root of the card, connect it with my USB and do the same procedure as before? Where do I get the latest firmware? And how do I flash it? (I can't remember that exactly anymore [​IMG]) Thanks for your help!

4. fuze9

fuze9 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2007
    United States
    California
    You are correct; if your M3 works already, great. If not, update the F_CORE file on the root of the SD card and reflash it - same as when you set it up. The basics of flashing are found on one of the stickied tutorials (even though the files themselves are out of date): http://gbatemp.net/t168862-how-to-enable-m...-quick-tutorial

I can say that the latest firmware reported earlier today http://gbatemp.net/t293066-m3i-zero-f-core-1-8-2 does work on the US 3DS, and it shows up as Spongebob.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Tormentor667
    OP

Tormentor667 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Thank you fuze, that will do the job [​IMG]

6. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    That version of the F-Core officially fried my M3iZero card, it won't load on my 3DS or a DS system. GG G6 Team, now I am sure I am going to switch to a SCDS2 or CycloDSi Evolution.