Making my M3i-Zero compatible with my 3DS?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Tormentor667, May 14, 2011.

May 14, 2011
  1. Tormentor667
    OP

Newcomer Tormentor667 Newbie

Germany
    Dear GBATemps,
    I have recently sold my DSiXL and bought myself a 3DS. Now the big question is, how can I make my M3i Zero compatible with the 3DS? What important things and changes do I have to take care of?
    Thanks and cheers,
    Dan

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    You need to flash it, but it doesn't change anything other than allow you to get gain access to the DS-Mode of the 3DS.

3. Tormentor667
    OP

Germany
    I know about that, that's okay, the question is just, how to flash it? I already did this for my NDS where it worked fine. Do I only need to place the new firmware in the root of the card, connect it with my USB and do the same procedure as before? Where do I get the latest firmware? And how do I flash it? (I can't remember that exactly anymore [​IMG]) Thanks for your help!

4. fuze9

Newcomer fuze9 Advanced Member

United States
    You are correct; if your M3 works already, great. If not, update the F_CORE file on the root of the SD card and reflash it - same as when you set it up. The basics of flashing are found on one of the stickied tutorials (even though the files themselves are out of date): http://gbatemp.net/t168862-how-to-enable-m...-quick-tutorial

I can say that the latest firmware reported earlier today http://gbatemp.net/t293066-m3i-zero-f-core-1-8-2 does work on the US 3DS, and it shows up as Spongebob.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Tormentor667
    OP

Germany
    Thank you fuze, that will do the job [​IMG]

6. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    That version of the F-Core officially fried my M3iZero card, it won't load on my 3DS or a DS system. GG G6 Team, now I am sure I am going to switch to a SCDS2 or CycloDSi Evolution.