Gaming Making Fully Custom Themes

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now that I've got everything up and running on my PSP (including CXMB, the battery, etc), I really want to create a custom theme. I know Sony has a custom theme maker, but it doesn't let you fully customize your PSP. I want to be able to edit the following:

=The Opening Video/Sound that plays (instead of the PSP one)
=The Placement of the Icons and the icons themselves. I have a Vista theme that has all of the icons on the bottom and I really do like them there, but I want to be =able to move them.
=The sound/video that plays after selecting a title.

I've tried both "CTF Tool Gui" and "theme_conv", but neither allow me to do the above. Does anyone know how to do this?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not really a simple process....you'll need all sorts of things to customise a CTF. From the CTF unpacking tool (i use CTF Archiver) to an RCO editor to change the individual values, and the knowledge of how to manipulate it.

Replacing a gameboot is easy though (just google changing psp gameboot) and i've just been doing this myself (adding different gameboots to my themes by opening them in CTF archiver and swapping them in). Changing the Coldboot/Cintro sound should be easy too...(the coldboot.vag file)

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK cool, thanks a lot. If anything, I'll just use the tools I have to alter an already existing theme and change it's wallpaper and Icons.

Now, I remember you saying something about not needing to flash. All of the tutorials I've come across are pretty old, and they are saying to change the gameboot.pmf file. Won't that mess something up? Each of my custom themes have a different bootup sound, so I thought it was something to do with those files, not my PSP's internal files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zR5EM5OUCY...feature=related

I assumed that I would need to unpack the ctf file and replace the .pmf file in there, not my PSP's.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. If you open up a CTF Theme that's compatible with your firmware you'll see gameboot.pmf in that theme's components. You need to swap in the one you want to use. HOWEVER, it's not that simple. If there is either a loop or an early cut off you need to use RCO Editor to modify the opening_plugin.rco and change the runtime of the gameboot (you'd need to time how long it should be or find one with the correct length).

gameboot.pmf's aren't firmware specific. Opening_plugin.rco's are. Also remember that a 5.00 CTF probably isn't going to work on 5.50 GEN or Prometheus. That may make it a more arduous process for you than me since there's a lot more stuff floating around for 5.00.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti