• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,355
  • Replies 30
D

Deleted User

OP
I have n3ds.
So I have broke my 3ds charger and waiting for new one to arrive. Meanwhile I NEED to play 3ds games(REALLY important for me), though buying charger here is some 40+$ and Im short on cash. I thought about making fake charging cardle with a usb cable (4.7 volt of the input to the 3ds is close to 5 volt of usb) with the metal pieces on the back. So Im wondering whats the + and whats the -? Did someone do it b4? Also if I accisidentally conect it the wrong way what damage should I expect?
I dont know how to solder, though I learned practical and theoretical aspects if electronics in high school which I think will be enough for that right?
Have some1 done it b4 me?

I found that on the net while searching- http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/77781/3ds-and-charging-contacts
Can I trust it?

Also my usb has red and white cables(aside from green and yellow which iirc are useless in my case...) so I was wondering if the white is the - (ground?) Cause ppl say if theres a black one then it is the ground...

Last edited by ,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
D

Deleted User

OP
a charger is $40 in israel? if you can't/aren't allowed to buy stuff online, get someone else to help you.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=3ds charger&_sop=15&_clu=2&_fcid=100&_localstpos&_stpos&gbr=1&_zpclkd=1

the cheapest i can see there, free shipping to israel is $0.79...
it probably won't charge whilst playing, but if you are so poor at the moment, better than nothing.
you need to get a nicer usb cable if you want charging whilst playing.
Some1 isnt reading the op...I have ordered a charger, itll come in few months, need solution for the time being...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah, you didn't ask about that - we did :)
anyway, if you have the right tools/are confident with electronic stuff, yeah you could cut the end off any usb cable and connect the 2 power wires to the 3ds, maybe on the docking station contacts? that might be easiest... try it. i doubt it will fry your 3ds, but be careful.

D

Deleted User

OP
I just need to know what connection is the plus and whats the ground. What skills are involved? Its just connecting 2 naked wires to the place...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Its o3ds and I have n3ds... are the connections the same?
yeah, if you have those 2 metal connectors on the back, it's fine.
(i have a n3ds but i have never used the charging dock so, i forget. but i'm sure they are there)
don't worry about the small stuff!

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@natanelho
Yes, since DS, 3DS, n3DS chargers are compatible all throughout just different placements. You have been warned though.

Just be sure not to short it out. It will definitely kill your 3DS. Again, just borrow from one of your friends. :P

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ppl I didnt ask about that... its not whats the thread is about... I asked how to make a charger. Anyways I have buncha friends coming to me and they want to play 3ds games with me. Also 3ds is my only gaming console so ...

Ask one of your friends to bring their charger, at least you'll be able to play with them while they're around.

I took one of my USB 3ds charging cables and ran my multimeter across it. I found that pin 1 on the 3ds end connects to pin 4 of the USB connector and pin 2 on the 3ds end connects to pin 1 of the USB connector. I've attached a picture to show how I was holding the connectors while I was checking them.

20160814_104859-1.jpg

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i mean, unless they're like morrigan, but i kinda doubt it