Making backups with FMCB/OPL

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Qtis, Jun 24, 2012.

Jun 24, 2012

Making backups with FMCB/OPL by Qtis at 3:24 PM (694 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Qtis
    OP

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Hiya!

Well I've finally managed to get the HDD working with the PS2 after basically disassembling the Network Adapter to fit the WD 500GB drive. At the same time I transferred most of my games to the HDD. Now comes the question that I've been trying to solve: How can I rip a game with OPL? I do have access to USB HDD's it it's possible to transfer the games via USB, but I'd prefer to rip them directly without removing the HDD from the PS2. This just because I'm not sure if the network adapter will not break on the long run.. The reason for this is that I want to rip a few of my newer games to the HDD, one that hadn't arrived before actually assembling the whole PS2 package :I

I believe it should be possible with OPL, but I've yet to find a tutorial to explain it (I did google, but maybe with the wrong words?)

Any ideas?

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You can't, at least not with opl itself. Hdloader can rip them though and far as I know format is the same so opl should then see the game. Can transfer over network as well with hdl_dumb, opl has the server built into it, quite slow though (45min or so for a 4.37GB game), but not a bad option if you're not in a rush.