Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Not really racist. Anything you order from there takes 30+ days to get to you, the order can get confiscated by customs, it can get lost far easier and is far more likely to be fake.

I am very happy to pay double to get the tags 25 times faster, shipping confirmation and the ability to get a refund nearly immediately if something went wrong.

Everyone in the electronics industry (like me) won't touch alibaba with a 10 foot pole attached to a ship
no you said "yuck" to imply there is something disgusting, which considering the end good your buying probably come from the exact same factory is a bit silly, and as i said if you prefer to go directly and accept the longer delivery times then sure thing find a local re-distributer of that stuff, but i wouldn't kid myself that they are somehow better quality or give you improved results (at least in this case with NFC tags, other goods yeah "alibab bad no buy from them"). better customer service and faster delivery times are pretty much the only advantage on this occasion

as for avoiding alibaba in general, sure thing you can if you want but if you don't just buy any old crap you are generally ok on there its all just deciding whats more important cost or security and finding a happy middle ground sure i wouldn't go buying high risk items like flash drives off alibaba in bulk as you would just run the risk of getting burnt, but individual components or stuff like NFC tags i wouldn't worry too much about, order it on a credit card if you don't trust them so you can do a chargeback if it never arrives

i guess it really all boils down to are you a re-distributer looking to get stuff as cheap as possible to get a good profit or a end user who just want to feel safe, and yeah i can agree here that most people in this thread should consider themselves end users who just want their stuff as fast and safe as possible

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: cearp

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything you order from there takes 30+ days to get to you, the order can get confiscated by customs, it can get lost far easier and is far more likely to be fake.

I am very happy to pay double to get the tags 25 times faster, shipping confirmation and the ability to get a refund nearly immediately if something went wrong. Plus, the tags are already the shape of a card, so there's less prep work to get them into a card shape and print a card shaped image onto them.

Everyone in the electronics industry (like me) won't touch alibaba with a 10 foot pole attached to a ship
i mean, you're not wrong.

some people just don't have money.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So considering the work that needs put into finding the Amiibo data, etc. to write it to the NFC Tag, it's probably safe to assume that we won't have a simple Android app that can just read AND write (and subsequently re-read/write new data) our Amiibo data to our Android devices anytime soon right? The Amiiqo is obviously a good choice for that, but with a few leftover Android devices I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part. It'd be nice to not have to have anything (even a separate Amiiqo dongle) but an old phone next to my Wii U/N3DS to scan my Amiibos in/out with ease.

These cards are nice with the graphics and everything, but looking at price differences between the Amiiqo and this, I'll probably opt for the less time consuming product. :unsure:

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So considering the work that needs put into finding the Amiibo data, etc. to write it to the NFC Tag, it's probably safe to assume that we won't have a simple Android app that can just read AND write (and subsequently re-read/write new data) our Amiibo data to our Android devices anytime soon right? The Amiiqo is obviously a good choice for that, but with a few leftover Android devices I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part. It'd be nice to not have to have anything (even a separate Amiiqo dongle) but an old phone next to my Wii U/N3DS to scan my Amiibos in/out with ease.

These cards are nice with the graphics and everything, but looking at price differences between the Amiiqo and this, I'll probably opt for the less time consuming product. :unsure:
I would love an android app that can do this. I always have my phone with me when playing Wii U. More often than the Gamepad itself, which I use maybe once a month lol.
I think someone already made an app but they're not sharing it for some reason.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love an android app that can do this. I always have my phone with me when playing Wii U. More often than the Gamepad itself, which I use maybe once a month lol. I think someone already made an app but they're not sharing it for some reason.

Yeah I read that somewhere, but now can't find the post or user to PM them about it. It's kind of sad, but I also take into consideration that an app like that would take some active updating with the new Amiibo being released. Sadly, the Amiiqo will have to suffice, and I'm not even in it for Amiibo I don't own which is the really frustrating part!

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I read that somewhere, but now can't find the post or user to PM them about it. It's kind of sad, but I also take into consideration that an app like that would take some active updating with the new Amiibo being released. Sadly, the Amiiqo will have to suffice, and I'm not even in it for Amiibo I don't own which is the really frustrating part!
I think his username was Jefffisher (give or take an f). And yeah, same, I already have the amiibo I want (my mains in Sm4sh), I just don't want to open them...

KingOfTaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've made about 16 of them so far, and now it takes me little more than 5 minutes per card to make. The Amiiqo is considerably more of a PITA to use than an actual physical card or an Amiibo itself. Have you tried using an Amiiqo with Party Mode in Mario Party 10?

You really NEED separate physical objects.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made about 16 of them so far, and now it takes me little more than 5 minutes per card to make. The Amiiqo is considerably more of a PITA to use than an actual physical card or an Amiibo itself. Have you tried using an Amiiqo with Party Mode in Mario Party 10?
You really NEED separate physical objects.

After seeing how it actually works, yeah that is a PITA. Perhaps I'll try the first few steps of this on my own to see how tedious it could be, but as you mention it probably isn't so bad once you do a couple. Now I wish I could find those cards in a smaller bundle than 100!

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the reading distance on these? I want to make cards out of them, but I don't want to spend a ton of money, so I opted to craft 2d perler figures instead and smush a tag between 2 flat ironed mirrored perlers since a have a few thousand in a bucket. Only caches are, can it read through them, and finding someone to split the purchase with (I don't need 100, I'm fine with 50, but I don't have $20, much less ~$40).

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the reading distance on these? I want to make cards out of them, but I don't want to spend a ton of money, so I opted to craft 2d perler figures instead and smush a tag between 2 flat ironed mirrored perlers since a have a few thousand in a bucket. Only caches are, can it read through them, and finding someone to split the purchase with (I don't need 100, I'm fine with 50, but I don't have $20, much less ~$40).

that will probably work - I have an actual amiibo and I've tried just hovering them over the gamepad to see if that works for reading/writing. it worked that way.

about splitting the purchase - I have 100 on the way already. I definitely don't need that much, so I'm more than willing to send half of them off. PM me?

Geeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello everyone. I have a problem...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A354EG12ECTTRA

Does these work? I've brough them already and I also have an S4 mini (Gt-I9195) with NFC.
Yesterday I tried and tried to create the cards with Tagmo, but it was unsuccessful. It freezes in the step of "Place phone on the (blank) tag"
My phone doesn't have a case. I've activated the NFC to do this.
Nothing works. Any help?
Thanks & sorry for my bad english.

djnaff

Trophies
Website
adrenalin23.co.uk
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I have a problem...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A354EG12ECTTRA

Does these work? I've brough them already and I also have an S4 mini (Gt-I9195) with NFC.
Yesterday I tried and tried to create the cards with Tagmo, but it was unsuccessful. It freezes in the step of "Place phone on the (blank) tag"
My phone doesn't have a case. I've activated the NFC to do this.
Nothing works. Any help?
Thanks & sorry for my bad english.
Worked for me and sent to the uk in less than a week (slow old Galaxy fame)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
a lot of nfc phones have the NFC embedded in the battery, so if you have swapped the battery for a third party one it may be lacking the NFC functionality

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth