Homebrew Making a CFW 2DS child safe?

lettuce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have gotten my 6yr old niece a pink 2ds for xmas which i have put CFW on and so has a few homebrew apps on the home screen (homebrew, FBI, ANEMONE etc), is there a way i can lock or hide these icons so she can open them and mess stuff up?, short of moving them far to the right of the home screen or deleting the apps from the 2ds!

WBW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Delete the apps, replace them with the 3dsx executables, place those in /3ds/, and when you need to access them, use Homebrew Launcher to get to them. And then, simply don’t configure any title to launch Homebrew Launcher.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, I haven't seen any app that allow you to hide 3ds apps, you can always only leave the one you find necessary and delete the rest or use 3dsx files describe above.

lettuce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Delete the apps, replace them with the 3dsx executables, place those in /3ds/, and when you need to access them, use Homebrew Launcher to get to them. And then, simply don’t configure any title to launch Homebrew Launcher.

How do i configure titles not to launch homebrew?

You cant use the parent controls to lock certain apps behind a pin code then?

WBW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since some homebrew apps are unrated, that should help for titles you’ve installed as CIAs as having parental controls on tends to make unrated games require a code. Some, but not all.

If you’re using Luma3DS, it’s already configured to use hblauncher_loader as the default title to launch whatever your boot.3dsx is. If you remove hblauncher_loader, you can instead, at your own choosing, open Rosalina and configure a different title to act as your Homebrew Loader launcher.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Access FBI by either using GodMode9 *.cia injection in Health & Safety or through Rosalina Menu injected Homebrew Launcher (*.3dsx).
  2. For all homebrew titles found on HOME Menu, remove them by:
    • FBI → Titles → <Name of Homebrew app> → Delete Title And Ticket
    • Be careful not to accidentally delete what if you wish to keep.
  3. Once they're gone, remove FBI from H&S if you used GodMode9 injection.
  4. On the root of the SD card, swap out the Luma3DS boot.firm with that of Rei-Six.
    • This will make the 2DS child friendly or OFW-like. See this post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0