make a router in receiver mode?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by migles, May 4, 2014.

1. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i have 2 routers, portuguese ones from ISP (same isp, but one is older)

i wanted to use the older one as a receiver... the problem is, usually these things are locked to AP mode only, i have root access to both of them

i wanted something like that: internet -phoneport> router1 <-wireless-> router2 -lan> computer

the problem, i can't find how to configure the router in receiver mode i am trying things for a couple of hours and i can't get nowhere...
    the router i want in receiver mode is a sagem f@st 3102

i will send attached files, some pictures of the config page, and i was able to extract the full .conf of the router, so all the configurable stuff is on the .txt (can be opened with notepad)

i would really love if someone could help me recycling this router to make it as receiver....

Attached Files:

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
  3. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    exactly, i wanted to use this router as a wireless-lan bridge, i am afraid this router doesn't support dd-wrt none of them supports it...

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    You need to make the router two in "repeater" mode, and ALL the security settings and SSID must be the same as router #1. I'm currently using a WRT54GL Linksys with DD-WRT v24 firmware to achieve this. Basically, my "Wi-Fi card" on my PC is my router through Ethernet. :P