Hacking Major problems with M3real

hhr1dluv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I begin, I'll just get this out of the way: I am a total noob. I don't why I let a friend convince me to buy an M3real when I have no idea how to use it or fix it if anything goes wrong.
unsure.gif

Anyway, I just bought an M3 real and SD card. I downloaded software and borrowed some ROMs from a friend, which he burned on to a disc for me. When I load up the M3 onto the DS, I see the start screen and the menu shows all the games that are on my SD card. However, 98% of the time, when I start a game up, all I see is a white or black screen. The other 2% of the time, the game will start up with load of glitches...only to end up with a white or black screen again.

I have no idea what's wrong. My friend uses a M3 real and has absolutely no problems. I'm using the same software and hardware he is, but I am having loads of problems. He has no idea how to help me, and only suggests that my DS "might be too new to play his ROMs." Is this possible?

Please, please help! I feel like I was just swindled out of 70 bucks.
frown.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Try formatting your microSD card, and after that, use Sakura firmware....Download link is in my sig..

Copy the system folder on the root of microSD first, and than games....be sure that you copied firmware first!!
Then try to play again....Come here, and let us know what happened!!
wink.gif

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the GBAtemp.....you did a good job picking M3 Real!!
wink.gif

EDIT: to format your microSD, connect it to PC and go to MyComputer, click right button with your mouse on micriSD drive, and choose Format option.....
After formatting, do the thing I wrote up there!

hhr1dluv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that.

And Mehenry's sig is freaking me out. Is it really that easy to find out my IP and ISP?

EDIT: I'm trying your method, Toni, but I don't know what to do with a .rar file. I'm currently using a .zip file...erm. The M3 loads up fine and shows all the menus. The only problem is that the games are glitchy as hell or won't play at all. However, these same files work perfectly fine for my friend.

hhr1dluv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm probably going to come off like an idiot, so please bear with me.

Anyway, will the m3 sakura software work for the m3 ds real? In general, I reformatted my sd card with FAT32, and reused the firmware (I think that's what it is
tongue.gif
) I was already using: G6&M3DS-R_E 16. I then put one game on the SD card.

This time, when I put on the cart and got to the main menu, I saw the game on the menu, but when I tried to start it, the screen just frozed while loading up. That's different from before, where the game would load up, create a save file, and then show a white screen. :huffs:

Thanks for your help so far.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need someone to extract rar files try winrar. Search google.com for winrar you should find a free download its a trial but it works after the trial is over just gives you a message every time you use. If theres a readme file for the Sakura firmware make sure you follow it and put the files where they are suppose to go. Format first though, but make sure you backup any files you want to keep meaning games and saves. The firmware you can download offline anytime.

Yes the sakura hacked english firmware works on the M3 real. You should try that firmware first to see if it works for the games. Theres other firmware you can try to have both firmwares at once and also have the itouch firmware, but you should just try the Sakura english firmware for now to see if it plays the games for you.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hhr1dluv said:
*snip* I am a total noob. I don't why I let a friend convince me to buy an M3real when I have no idea how to use it or fix it if anything goes wrong.
I have no idea what's wrong. My friend uses a M3 real and has absolutely no problems. *snip*
Only smart / logical thing to do in your case is to have your friend show you how to set the card up properly and you'll be set for life. You will see how easy it is to work once you have it shown to you.
It is all very easy to do once you read the flashcart's setup guide (whether on their official website or elsewhere on the net), but it looks like everything is going to seem 'double-dutch' when you have no idea what you are doing. So get your friend to help.

hhr1dluv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^
He actually did ALL of the setting up. Thus, he has no idea why it's not working on my system. I'll try downloading the newest firmware though.

Thanks again for your help, everyone!

EDIT: Yay! It finally works! Thanks a lot for your help, it really made my day.

Archimdae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on his noobness I don't know why you guys are suggesting Sakura, especially since there is no official english. For someone who doesn't really know what they are doing and arn't specifically looking for Sakura, they should always just update the M3 firmware to the current official version.

I'm glad you got it working, if you need any more help feel free to holler :0).

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might have been that you had an old version of the M3 real software so if you wanted that firmware just make sure you get the latest firmware. Latest firmware is v3.9a so make sure you get that version if you want to switch back to the M3 real firmware which might be better for you. Or you can get the triple loader firmware to have both firmwares at once and also have the itouch firmware.

Heres the link for the triple loader once you get the hang of everything and want to try it. Just make sure you always back up anything important when ever you format.

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Archimdae said:
Based on his noobness I don't know why you guys are suggesting Sakura, especially since there is no official english. For someone who doesn't really know what they are doing and arn't specifically looking for Sakura, they should always just update the M3 firmware to the current official version.

I'm glad you got it working, if you need any more help feel free to holler :0).

lol that is so true

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I suggested Sakura because it's extremely easy to set up, and it has DiskCheck on boot-up!!
DiskCheck will tell him if somethings wrong with the microSD..
tongue.gif

And although Sakura is hacked to English version, it works perfect with ROMS and media, only thing that is buggy is homebrew support....and seeing he's a newbie, I doubt he'll need a perfect homebrew support right from the start..

So yeah, I think he should definitely check Sakura out...

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sakura is definitely easier once you get it to work.

In short:

Download 7-Zip to unzip/rar etc. things
http://www.7-zip.org/

Download the Sakura triple booter (hold x on startup for original Real firmware, y for iTouch):
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90978
Use 7-zip to decompress it, and copy the files to your MicroSD (so that the SYSTEM folder is on the root of your card).

Put all of your stuff on. (btw, if you want to convert videos use Super (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html))

If when you boot a game it doesn't work, first try launching it from the iTouch firmware, otherwise get a new copy of the game - it may be corrupted. About 50% of homebrew will need to be launched from the iTouch firmware - Sakura's a bit rubbish at running it. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=116 is the best place to find homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night