Madworld PAL RGB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sjeps, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009

Madworld PAL RGB by sjeps at 10:17 AM (2,340 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. sjeps
    OP

Newcomer sjeps Advanced Member

Italy
    Hi, i launched Madworld PAL on my pal wii the other day just to find it's 50hz with black borders.

I really hate that..

I've read that i could use the ntsc version wich is 60hz without borders.

The problem is, i'm using rgb cable and according to the above reading, the screen will result all red (thing that i had already experienced with some other out-region things)

Is there any solution to this?

I mean, to get madworld ntsc work on pal rgb. Like gecko os

I' using a wiikey 1 (so i don't have to deal with 002 error)

Thanks

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Did you try force PAL60 in Gecko OS/Gamma?

3. sjeps
    OP

Italy
    i haven't gamma (i'm using wiikey)

and i have some experience using gekoOs with ntsc (no more heroes)

gecko os cant do nothing with rgb cable from what i can remember

4. WiiPower

Germany
    I asked "Did you try force PAL60 in Gecko OS/Gamma?", so did you? And i used the "/", because modchip users usually use Gecko OS, while softmodders use Gamma, but both are basically the same program.

5. pokeparadox

Member pokeparadox GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Earlier versions didn't change to PAL60 properly. But when I still used the scart cable I had my imported NTSC Brawl running in PAL60 using GeckoOS.

6. sjeps
    OP

Italy
    ok, i tried.

red screen

7. WiiPower

Germany
    Hmm, that's funny. Gecko OS uses a unusual video mode for PAL60(at least it's unusual in my eyes), but i thought it works. You can try my toy(look at my sig) to run it in another PAL60 video mode, or even force the game to this, maybe this helps.

PS: Gecko OS uses "TVEurgb60Hz480Int", while my toy uses "TVEurgb60Hz480IntDf" for those who would ask about the difference.

8. synt4x_3rr0r

Newcomer synt4x_3rr0r Member

Sweden
    I tried to get Madworld NTSC to display properly on my PAL wii and I tried basically everything, but if I forced any PAL modes it just crashed and if I let it decide for itself it was red and black colors.
    Then I decided to patch the ISO with the 001 and 002 patch and also made it PAL with the same program while I was at it(Generic Wii Patcher) and reburned the game. And THAT did it. But I have to force PAL60 for it to work. Otherwise it just crashes like before.
    So try that if you feel like it.

9. WiiPower

Germany
    Hmm strange, i remember somebody told that forcing PAL60 with my toy and the NTSC version of the game works fine.

10. laurozza

Member laurozza GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Io ho provato a usare WiiFrii 2.3b in modalità smart patcher per modificare il video da NTSC a PAL. Funziona a pieno schermo ma quando si preme il tasto home il gioco si blocca. [​IMG]

I used WiiFrii 2.3b with smart patcher mode to convert the game from NTSC to PAL. It works at full screen but when the home button is pressed the game freeze. [​IMG]

11. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    For me forcing to PAL480i was working but i think with this forced video mode the borders are like the PAL version but i´m not sure

12. synt4x_3rr0r

Newcomer synt4x_3rr0r Member

Sweden
    Yup, same here with the home button.

13. sjeps
    OP

Italy
    i think i should manually work on the video mode of GWP to select pal60 as default... does someone know wich line is default?

i'll try your toy meanwhile

14. sjeps
    OP

Italy
    your toy is awesome!! it beats gecko os in ntsc->pal rgb. it can launch the unpatched madworld disc.
    i'll post on the geckoos forum, once they told me that it was impossible to convert between the 2 formats without patching

anyway i'm wondering why i must force pal60. this means i'll have to use you toy everytime..

don't you know if it's possible to modify the iso to force pal60? gwp doesn't allow that

15. WiiPower

Germany
    My toy actually patches the video mode. It works just like the language patch works, the main.dol is loaded into the memory(all loaders do that), and then if you selected an interlaced video mode, all interlaced video modes which are found in the main.dol are patched to the one you selected, before the game is started. It would be pretty simple to integrate that into Gecko OS or any other launcher.

Well the GWP patches in a different way, it only patches some bytes, which should work basically. While my toy patches the complete video mode objects with something over 50 bytes, which is better if you patch between 576i and 480i video modes.

16. sjeps
    OP

Italy
    is there any way to force pal 60 at the start on the iso?