MadWorld Disc Read Error (Not Error #002)

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Schwooter, Apr 12, 2009.

Apr 12, 2009
  1. Schwooter
    OP

Newcomer Schwooter Newbie

United States
    So, I'm running 3.2U, and after a long day of running around the house between my Wii and my computer, installing tons of different IOSes. Finally, I get MadWorld to boot up with the Gamma Loader 002 fix through the Homebrew Channel. Game starts out fine, and then during the opening cutscene, I get a disc read error. I shrug it off, and restart my Wii. I start it back up, and go into the game, as the save is past the opening cutscene. The game runs fine through the tutorial level, and then the game just goes into disc read error again. It keeps crashing around the same, so I might just need to reburn the game.

Is this a problem that others are having or is it just me?

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Before you ask questions like this, try what you already thought of and reburn. 9 times out of 10 that will help.

3. killingbee

Newcomer killingbee Newbie

United States
    Yes, this problem happened very often.

For my case, I've burned more than 100discs without any problem, but I failed on this title for 6 discs
    including RW. All other games after this title are all ok. So maybe there is something special in reading this game, maybe low tolerance or something like that.

The best solution is burnit again, or play in USBLoader.

4. netware

Newcomer netware Member

United States
    it ran fine for me with Softchip (i used r85, i now have the most recent r90 and it still works)

you should try it...

if not then try burning it again.. (@ 4x) see if that fixes the problems..

if all else fails.. try backing up your original again...