Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
A portion of a TVGB interview with Astushi Inaba, the game’s producer, and Shigenori Nishikawa, the game’s designer…

TVGB: So if this is a big success will you move on to a different title on the Wii or are you thinking about sequels?

AI: Platinum Games has several rights so we’ll be developing something new after this, but if there is a lot of interest in MadWorld then maybe we will make another one.

News Source: GoNintendo

Everyone should buy this game instead of pirate.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:

rofl2.gif

I think you're in the wrong church.

Either way, I won't be doing either -- I'll be renting.

But I'm still waiting for the first game to become reality. News of a second just dilutes the whole thing for me.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Raiyu245 said:
I've been saying the same thing.

My blog post.

I'll DIE if this game doesn't get the attention it deserves.

P.S. Thanks for the friend request Raiyu.

Those game deserve recognition. But noone ever listens to me..

P.S. No problem.
biggrin.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know what you mean. I made a whole blog post about it and I'll I get is JPH posting pictures of things that scare him (psss... its women. lol).

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not exactly sure if this game appeals to me. Seems to be a mindless hack and slash. I don't much like the art style. Unless I play it, and it happens to control fantastically, I might just give this a pass.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dinofan01 said:
I'll DIE if this game doesn't get the attention it deserves.
It'll probably get more attention than it deserves.
Seriously, usually it's me who's calling other people ignorant, but I really don't see just where the hype around this game is coming from.
Black/white look + excessive violence = instant hit? Because that's all this game has so far proven to offer. The gameplay itself actually looks really lame, the plot IS really lame, the music is super cheesy and judging by the video material released so far, the level-design offers no variety whatsoever.
So, WHAT is this all about, other than the visual style, which, needless to say, is a shameless rip-off of Sin City? (Go ahead, smartasses, and point out that Mad World only uses three colors while Sin City has a greyscale palette, which really makes all the difference in the world, because the colors of course are the only similarities between Mad World and Sin City)
Hell, even Comix Zone had a more well-defined art direction all the way back in the 90's, because in all honesty, Mad World's art style is half-baked at best. Even the violence, which seems to be one of the selling points, fails to be shocking, surprising or "stylish" in any way. It's not even slightly offensive. But then again, certain people also dig the Happy Tree Friends, so I really wouldn't be surprised if that's actually a valid selling point of the game.

Still, I think Mad World might become a decent game, but that's it. I really can't put my head around how people are treating this like the Game-of-the-Year of 2009 or something, since that's really not the kind of "attention it deserves". And sadly, the reasons why I think it might be decent actually are the art style and the violence. Leave that away, and the game would look like a boring mess nobody would give a shit about.
Well, there's always a chance the game may turn out really great after all, but in this case, I have NO reason to just assume it to be that way based on nothing. The game's not as cool as you want it to be, it's not as original as you want it to be (ramming a pole through an enemy's head pretty much is where the originality ends in this game), and rarely do I even see people discussing the gameplay of this title, let alone the storyline. Now, I don't think a game needs brilliant gameplay in order to be a blockbuster, but if neither the graphics, nor the music, nor the storyline, nor the overall atmosphere are convincing enough, what else is there left to rely on? Don't believe I wasn't serious about Comix Zone, I really find that game to be a lot more stylish and original than Mad World, and on top, the gameplay and overall design are just awesome.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Black/white look + excessive violence = instant hit? Because that's all this game has so far proven to offer. The gameplay itself actually looks really lame, the plot IS really lame, the music is super cheesy and judging by the video material released so far, the level-design offers no variety whatsoever.
Well, I would've agreed with you a few weeks back, as it didn't look particularly varied. But new stages and bosses have been shown off since, like the Ninjutsu Dojo, and it looks like some pretty damn good action.

That said, the commentators sound kinda annoying, even though I find them quite funny as comedians (they're famous comedians just in case you didn't know). The music sounds pretty awful as well, it's just rap and metal, well, noise.

That said, the excitement is around how unique this game is. This could mean we've way over-hyped it for what it is, but I'd like to imagine that isn't so.

Interestingly, IGN said this about the plot:
QUOTEAs we've played through MadWorld, we've found ourselves continually surprised by the storyline, which is more layered and complex than we had suspected it might be. And according to Nishikawa, there are more twists to come.
So certainly more than lame I'd expect.

You've got to start looking positively about these things
wink.gif
. Yeah, it's difficult after last year's Wii line-up, but you're shooting these games down before you've even played them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras: Pixar Mom has got it going on