MadWorld 2 Might Become Reality

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Feb 18, 2009.

Feb 18, 2009
  1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    News Source: GoNintendo

Everyone should buy this game instead of pirate.

2. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    [​IMG]

I think you're in the wrong church.

Either way, I won't be doing either -- I'll be renting.

But I'm still waiting for the first game to become reality. News of a second just dilutes the whole thing for me.

3. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    I've been saying the same thing.

My blog post.

I'll DIE if this game doesn't get the attention it deserves.

P.S. Thanks for the friend request Raiyu.

4. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Those game deserve recognition. But noone ever listens to me..

P.S. No problem. [​IMG]

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    I know what you mean. I made a whole blog post about it and I'll I get is JPH posting pictures of things that scare him (psss... its women. lol).

6. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I don't see what's so great about this game. If I still had a Wii, I would maybe THINK about pirating it. Doesn't appeal to me as a "must buy" though.

7. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I can't wait until this game. I have been craving a game like this for ages.

8. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    I'm not exactly sure if this game appeals to me. Seems to be a mindless hack and slash. I don't much like the art style. Unless I play it, and it happens to control fantastically, I might just give this a pass.

9. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    It'll probably get more attention than it deserves.
    Seriously, usually it's me who's calling other people ignorant, but I really don't see just where the hype around this game is coming from.
    Black/white look + excessive violence = instant hit? Because that's all this game has so far proven to offer. The gameplay itself actually looks really lame, the plot IS really lame, the music is super cheesy and judging by the video material released so far, the level-design offers no variety whatsoever.
    So, WHAT is this all about, other than the visual style, which, needless to say, is a shameless rip-off of Sin City? (Go ahead, smartasses, and point out that Mad World only uses three colors while Sin City has a greyscale palette, which really makes all the difference in the world, because the colors of course are the only similarities between Mad World and Sin City)
    Hell, even Comix Zone had a more well-defined art direction all the way back in the 90's, because in all honesty, Mad World's art style is half-baked at best. Even the violence, which seems to be one of the selling points, fails to be shocking, surprising or "stylish" in any way. It's not even slightly offensive. But then again, certain people also dig the Happy Tree Friends, so I really wouldn't be surprised if that's actually a valid selling point of the game.

Still, I think Mad World might become a decent game, but that's it. I really can't put my head around how people are treating this like the Game-of-the-Year of 2009 or something, since that's really not the kind of "attention it deserves". And sadly, the reasons why I think it might be decent actually are the art style and the violence. Leave that away, and the game would look like a boring mess nobody would give a shit about.
    Well, there's always a chance the game may turn out really great after all, but in this case, I have NO reason to just assume it to be that way based on nothing. The game's not as cool as you want it to be, it's not as original as you want it to be (ramming a pole through an enemy's head pretty much is where the originality ends in this game), and rarely do I even see people discussing the gameplay of this title, let alone the storyline. Now, I don't think a game needs brilliant gameplay in order to be a blockbuster, but if neither the graphics, nor the music, nor the storyline, nor the overall atmosphere are convincing enough, what else is there left to rely on? Don't believe I wasn't serious about Comix Zone, I really find that game to be a lot more stylish and original than Mad World, and on top, the gameplay and overall design are just awesome.

10. Zerrix

Member Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    They can go and suck their mamas balls -.-
    They should first release MadWorld ONE before talking about another part!! -.-

11. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    release the 1st madworld so i can get my infinite space game for the ds before even talking about getting mad world 2

12. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    So certainly more than lame I'd expect.

You've got to start looking positively about these things [​IMG]. Yeah, it's difficult after last year's Wii line-up, but you're shooting these games down before you've even played them.