macOS - Fix archive attributes for switch SD card

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Player_One, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Player_One
    OP

Player_One Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2019
    Russia
    switchSD.
    switchSD

Info:
    I wrote a small application (applescript) that removes archive attributes for all files and folders on the Switch SD card.
    It also takes into account the specificity of .nca folders and fixed them.
    And lastly, it cleans up hidden unnecessary files for the Switch that macOS created when you worked with SD through the Finder.

How to use:
    To use the program, simply specify the path to the SD card, enter the administrator password and wait for notification of the end of the processes.
    Attention! speed work depends on the number of .nca files on the SD card.
    Naturally, you need to do this after you have finished manipulating the files and folders on the switch SD card on your mac.

ScreenShot:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 12.35.43 PM.
    Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 12.36.07 PM.
    Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 12.36.32 PM.

Note:
    You may need to allow applications not installed by Apple developers to be launched.
    To do this, run the command in Terminal " sudo spctl --master-disable "
    Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 6.45.14 PM.

P.S.
    All third-party solutions that I found on the Internet either did not work at all or only in certain cases, not taking into account the fact that the folders with .nca can be several (emunand) and the path to the folder can be arbitrary.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Player_One, Aug 9, 2019
    stick267, sorabora, notimp and 2 others like this.
  2. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    I find myself just using nxmtp to get around all of macOS's archive bit and dot file nonsense, so this could be very useful. Thanks.

3. Player_One
    OP

Player_One Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2019
    Russia
    all right. but it’s not always possible to start it homebrew, for example, when you first create an SD for a switch, the “switch” folder also has an archive attribute. And it should be removed for hbmenu to work properly. Also, these attributes interfere if you put mods or translations with titles. The application allows you not to think about it. And so everything is possible with your hands)

sorabora and stick267 like this.