OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hey guys,

I hope someone can help me out.

So my problem is that some NSPs don't work anymore while others play just fine.
I am pretty sure that the problem comes from using a macbook to manage my SD card cause I heard that it's prone to causing problems with cfw.

Is there some method to fix this problem or is the only solution to reinstall the cfw?
For example, I already tried to reinstall BOTW by itself but it didn't fix the problem and it still doesn't let me load the game.

Thanks for all the help :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two laptops.. Windows and MacOS. I used Switch with macOS all the time. Never have a problem, If you are inexperience with macOS for Switch then Windows is highly recommended to you. I am very experience with macOS so I know what I am doing. I hope you resolve your issues soon. :)

spelda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Boot Hekate and do the fix archive bits from the tools menu.
Thanks, will try that out first thing when I'm home later :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In Terminal run the following command

sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/SDVOLUME/

Change SDVOLUME to the name of your SD-Card!
And I'll give that a try if Hekate isn't able to fix it! Thank you :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works too but I dont liked to use it on terminal. For Hekate, I dont bother to tried it since CleanDIsk does the trick.

I used the CleanDISK pkg to install for my SD every time. Only 3 seconds and you are done every time. 100 percent easy and super noob. Been used it for over a year.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This works too but I dont liked to use it on terminal. For Hekate, I dont bother to tried it since CleanDIsk does the trick.

I used the CleanDISK pkg to install for my SD every time. Only 3 seconds and you are done every time. 100 percent easy and super noob. Been used it for over a year.

hey fella sounds good do you have a link for it?

Also im a mac engineer so using that command through terminal is perfectly safe.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also im a mac engineer so using that command through terminal is perfectly safe.

My apology.. I mean CleanEject. Here:

https://www.javawa.nl/cleaneject_en.html

Yes, I have been used terminal a lot and I absolutely loved it but not great for noob who dont know nothing about terminals. Anyway, cleanject is a perfect tool for noob who dont want to do with terminal. ;)

Reactions: burhansalih

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: spotanjo3

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Terminal run the following command

sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/SDVOLUME/

Change SDVOLUME to the name of your SD-Card!

Thanks, will try that out first thing when I'm home later :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And I'll give that a try if Hekate isn't able to fix it! Thank you :)

Just a warning, do NOT use that command on your Switch SD card. At least not as written. First of all, it only works if your card is formatted in exFAT, it does nothing on FAT32 cards. Second, this removes the archive bit from all folders on the SD card. This is fine for homebrew folders and is needed to make them work proper on exFAT but the Nintendo folder NEEDS the archive bit set on the game/update/DLC folders. Running this command, which affects your Nintendo folder, will render pretty much all of your digitally installed content unplayable. If you need to remove the archive bit on an exFAT formatted card for a certain folder (like the Atmosphere or switch folder) then run the command on those specific folders.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a warning, do NOT use that command on your Switch SD card. At least not as written. First of all, it only works if your card is formatted in exFAT, it does nothing on FAT32 cards. Second, this removes the archive bit from all folders on the SD card. This is fine for homebrew folders and is needed to make them work proper on exFAT but the Nintendo folder NEEDS the archive bit set on the game/update/DLC folders. Running this command, which affects your Nintendo folder, will render pretty much all of your digitally installed content unplayable. If you need to remove the archive bit on an exFAT formatted card for a certain folder (like the Atmosphere or switch folder) then run the command on those specific folders.
Yep this is why I suggested using hekate's fix function, as it knows exactly what should be set and what shouldn't. Doing the same from terminal would require multiple commands or a script.

Reactions: spelda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up