MacBook Help...

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by dn_angel000, Jan 4, 2011.

Jan 4, 2011

MacBook Help... by dn_angel000 at 7:09 PM (648 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. dn_angel000
    OP

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    Ok so now I have a New (Pre-Owned) MacBook and was thinking about upgrading the current HDD (160GB) 2 about 750GB (If it can fit)!! The 750GB HDD is a Western Digital *Note* I don't plan on buying this 1 cause there's a cheaper 1 I found at Amazon I'm showing u this cause of the Specs!! Anyway the current 160GB is a Fujitsu with the same connection setup as the Western Digital as linked above!! All I wanna know is if the WD 1 is compatible and will fit and work in my Late 2008 White MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo!! lol

2. xakota

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Good luck upgrading a Mac, dude.

No really, I wish you the best of luck.

3. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    it doesn't matter much abot the brand of HDD, it's weather the new hard drive has the same connection as the old one
    say the fujitsu has a SATA connection, and the WD has a SATA connection aswell i don't see why it won't fit.

MODs can this be moved to the Computer Systems section

4. dn_angel000
    OP

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    O ok I wasn't 2 sure about that part!! lol I thought it mainly depended on the sizes (cm) on the specs! Thanx!! lol

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    2,5" HDs which are >500GB might be over than the usual height of 9.5mm (they are 12.5mm tall), so if it's a tight space, it won't fit. Take that in mind.

Best of luck.

EDIT: Just looked at the link, and it seems that the WD one you linked should be 9.5mm tall. It should fit, then. But double-check that you're really getting a 9.5mm tall model.

6. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    It's not hard at all.

7. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    just make sure it fits and has the same connection as said before. but i would also recommend a 7200 rpm one.

also, i would look for an external hard drive instead and swap them. it makes it easy to clone your current drive and you'll have an external one for extra storage.