Hacking M3i zero VS Acekard 2i

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly the build quality on the M3 is pretty shit. M3 haven't made a good quality card since the GBA sized perfect.

nikkopt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SparkFenix, have you bought your acekard? The prices in discoazul are a bit higher than those of other webstores (also, shipping is about 7€) but you will get your card in 24 hours.
I bought mine from gamekool and it took 18 business days to arrive (i also live in portugal), i wasn't in a hurry so i preferred to pay less :]

also, first post
tongue.gif

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acekard2i hands down. The M3 Team is dying to be honest plus their new firmware has a lot of bugs which they have never fixed or even tried fixing. M3 Sakura is only reason why you should think about getting one.

SparkFenix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nikkopt said:
SparkFenix, have you bought your acekard? The prices in discoazul are a bit higher than those of other webstores (also, shipping is about 7€) but you will get your card in 24 hours.
I bought mine from gamekool and it took 18 business days to arrive (i also live in portugal), i wasn't in a hurry so i preferred to pay less :]

also, first post
tongue.gif

I checked out discoazul

But this one is cheaper and im only getting it on my birthday -.-''

So might as well pay less then
happy.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FlashX007 said:
Acekard2i hands down. The M3 Team is dying to be honest plus their new firmware has a lot of bugs which they have never fixed or even tried fixing. M3 Sakura is only reason why you should think about getting one.
Im not sure when you can say the m3 team is dying when the last official acekard update was back last nov (there was an update a little later but nothing really important was in it just a fix for firmware crashing)
the only support acekard users rely on is 3rd party firmware, and has been mentioned many times before, it can stop at any time

kwanying

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Get a R4 clone or TTds, card quality might suck but it always get game patch the fastest (check the release scene and see yourself these 2 card get all the patch first).
I myself got aki with akaio and the firmware update is very slow now.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
FlashX007 said:
Im not sure when you can say the m3 team is dying when the last official acekard update was back last nov (there was an update a little later but nothing really important was in it just a fix for firmware crashing)
the only support acekard users rely on is 3rd party firmware, and has been mentioned many times before, it can stop at any time
While it is true that we could lose AKAIO at any time, most people look at the right now. AKAIO is one of the better firmwares out right now and shows so signs of stopping. That, combined with the lower price-point of the acekard 2i, is what makes it better then the M3i Zero.

Personally I think the better comparison is the EZ5i Vs Acekard 2i. Both have similar price-points. Major plus for EZ5i is that it has official firmware support and a few extra features (like RTS and in-game guide) that AKAIO doesn't.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Even if AK2i is better, my vote goes for the DSTwo with their plugins feature, Ireader, upcoming SNES emulator and of course anti AP build in..

But the design is a bit shitty. It only has 1 screw supporting the card..

nikkopt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Djay187 said:
I just wanna let you know I've had so many problems with my AK2i that I've gone back to my M3i zero. The card's cheap because it's really badly made, you might find as soon as you take out of the box it won't work. It has really bad contact issues, there's a number of guides on how to stuff bits of paper in it, the paper trick, to make the contact better, but I still had games freezing.
AKAIO is a lovely piece of firmware and all praise to Normmatt for that but as for the offical team they haven't updated for months, worse than the M3 teams updates, it's like they've totally passed the buck to Normmatt to release fast updates, which he does and I wanna add my problems haven't been due to AKAIO.
I might of been unlucky but I just use my AK2i for games that don't work on the M3i which really isn't that many, I've just never had any problems at all with my M3i.

Well, anyone can get unlucky with anything
I myself never had a problem with mine, not even contact problems. The only thing i noticed in my card is that the pcb is not 100% secured inside the case and it can rotate a lil bit to the right making the contacts unparalleled with the teeth (you can see it here).. i thought it wouldn't work because of that but it does, and it's also easily fixable

kwanying said:
Get a R4 clone or TTds, card quality might suck but it always get game patch the fastest (check the release scene and see yourself these 2 card get all the patch first).
I myself got aki with akaio and the firmware update is very slow now.

huh? akaio 1.7 was released in the beginning of june and 1.7.1 will be release shortly...

EDIT:

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Jul 7 2010, 08:11 PM)
Any router that supports WPA/WPA2 should be able to use WEP.
While WPA2 is more secure than WPA and more secure than WEP, the difference isn't much anymore.
If WEP is an unlocked door, then WPA2 is like an unlocked window. It takes a little bit extra effort to get in, but just about anyone can do it.

How can you say this?
ohmy.gif

WPA/WPA2 is only crackable if it's PSK and only by brute force / dictionary attack.. i find the difference allot bigger than you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...