M3i Zero + Slot-2 Cards

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by dropclip, Mar 12, 2010.

1. dropclip
    OP

dropclip Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2010
    Canada
    Hello everyone, I had been using a R4 (Slot-1) and a Supercard Lite (Slot-2). Recently R4 has been trashed so i went out and bought a new slot-1 card M3i Zero, however I failed to notice that it is only compatible with M3 slot-2 cards.

- has anyone found a way to get the M3i Zero to recognize a Supercard Lite Slot-2 card?

- Is there a way to use the M3 Lite firmware on the Supercard Lite so that the slot-2 is detected?

- Would a future M3i Zero core update support more slot-2 cards?

I researched and googled the hell out of this problem and cannot find anything what so ever other than buy a GBA Expansion Pack. I would rather not have to replace my slot-2 card for no reason other than compatibility, has anyone found a way around this?

(PS - I have emailed M3 about this and they just give a stupid generic response of: "Only M3 cards are compatible, sorry for any inconvenience")

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    The answers to those three are as follows:

No.

No.

No. core updates are for tricking the DSi, Not detecting slot2 carts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice