Hacking M3i Zero Issues

mattmull82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has already been asked here, but I received an M3i Zero adapter for the DS yesterday and when I first put the latest firmware on the device and hooked the power cable to the adapter, the led started flashing red. I think I waited until the flashing was finished and then removed the power cable and put the adapter in the DS. Now everytime I boot the DS with the adapter in, the game pack screen just has a white box (no logo). Also, when trying to load the game pack/adapter in the DS, both of the screens go white and nothing else happens. I've waited quite a while and nothing ever happens. Here is what I've tried:

* Firmware 4.7c M60 + 4gb Sandisk card
* Firmware 4.7c M60 + 4gb Kingston card
* Firmware 1.45x + 4gb Sandisk card
* Firmware 1.45x + 4gb Kingston card
* Firmware from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168862 + 4gb Sandisk card
* Firmware from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168862 + 4gb Kingston card

Any help would be appreciated, I don't know if I messed the adapter up while flashing it or if there is something wrong with the card.

lilman4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also recently received a M3i Zero and was experiencing the same frozen white screens as you described. You can check out my thread here.

Turns out I was having contact issues between the M3i Zero and my DS Lite. This may be the same problem you are having. If you have access to another DS you should test out your M3i Zero on it and see if it works. If it does work (which happened to me when I tested on my brother's DS Phat), then your M3i Zero is set up correctly but you have a contact problem.

mattmull82

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried the paper trick with my DS (Lite) and not had any success. I will try with a friends DS later, but it seems to be making good contact (the adapter is snug in the slot).

lilman4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mattmull82 said:
I've tried the paper trick with my DS (Lite) and not had any success. I will try with a friends DS later, but it seems to be making good contact (the adapter is snug in the slot).

Paper trick with the M3i Zero didn't work with my DS Lite either. Actually, it somehow made it worse... the DS wouldn't detect that a cartridge was inserted.
The M3 Real I got to replace the M3i Zero works perfectly with my DS Lite. No detection or freezing problems.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
it's got to be a contact issue....someone really needs to get on the m3 team about this....they need to fix this manufacturing flaw!
I think it's because it's got a chip protruding in the middle of the cart it's getting pushed against the ds harder in that spot and keeping the contacts from getting pushed further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-