Hacking M3i Zero Cannot Read Some 3DS Games

Legato Darksummers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused with the whole M3i Zero upgrading system
I don't know exactly how to tell which version I have, but I thought that I had the currently latest one
However, if this is the case then I'm not sure why some 3DS games aren't "playable".
I can't even "activate" them: their picture is the same as a .DAT file would be (like a "saved game" basically) and the 3DS is trying to treat it as one, I'm assuming
Does anyone else have this problem and if they did, can you be a miracle-bringer and tell me what the solution is?

And I'm getting even more flustered here because I just bought two of these for two of my friends, I'm starting to feel like I made a REALLY bad decision here...

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm I wonder? Maybe it's because no flashcart out there (including yours) is able to run 3DS ROMS? O________o

So yea. You made a BAAAAAAD decision. Like beyond horrible. And that is an understatement. In fact, it being an understatement is an understatement itself.

But in all seriousness, what gave you the idea that the M3i had the ability to run them. I mean, given the way you explained your issue, it appears that you've been told that there was a method to. I assumed you saw it somewhere and jumped the gun. Why were you so sure such that you did not research more into the issue? I'd really like to know. There must have been something. Or was it just a derp moment?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Legato Darksummers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for support, I really wasn't expecting such quick replies on this
As to answer some of your questions on this on WHY I made a "rash" move on this, I was a bit confused

First, there was some games that I was playing which gave me the idea that there were somehow 3DS - I was playing Super Smash Bros. 3, Yugioh 5Ds, and Devil Summoner 2.
For SSB3, I confused it with the latest game out that was Mario Party Land 3D, but it turns out that it was a homebrew game that someone made on their free time with a bunch of levels.
Yugioh 5Ds had A LOT of memory and it was the first game that I have played to see THAT much so I thought that it would explain A LOT if it was a 3DS game as it held just as much as one.
Devil Summoner 2, I just seemed to remember that it was 3DS.

Second, I had seen some things online that gave me the idea that maybe M3i Zero MIGHT be able to play it because of the roms, the posting, and what I confused the latestest for the M3i Zero being.
I have kept on seeing 3DS roms online and I just had the idea that they must have been able to figure out how to hack it - it didn't make sense to me WHY people would bother taking the time to upload 3DS roms and it STILL doesn't make much sense to me.
There was a posting which gave me further suspicion into this. Although NOW I know that I might have wanted to research into this further, I was looking to just see if a wifi game like Mario Kart 7 might work as the ONLY reason why I was buying a game reader in the first place was to be able to play games that could be played online with two or more people. So I stumbled across this (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/th...Provides-free-download-patch-for-Mario-Kart-7) and I thought that this may have been enough proof for me: "IF the actual people hosting Mario Kart 7 online for these tournaments was prohibiting some game readers then that must mean that the game readers are being able to access it online" or so I thought. I didn't really care much if the TOURNAMENTS weren't being able to be playable or not, I just cared about if it could reach just one other DS player of my choosing or not. So when reading this, it just made me too eager to just not wait any longer about it.
As for the update, I had confused playability on the SYSTEM of a 3DS for the playability with the GAMES for the 3DS. It never occured to me that the 3DS wasn't able to play the M3i Zero once upon a time ago. I was lucky enough to be able to get a M3i Zero at a time when the 3DS could fully ("enough") play it. As the update that I was downloading at that time would be able to give the M3i Zero the system files that it needed to be able to play, I didn’t really take the time to read the fine print of all the updates that it was making. Reading updates for a system release to me is like reading a site’s policy and rules. Just like the dozens of other people who just skip ahead to checking the box of “I have read the rules and understand them” without actually taking the time to do that, I just wanted to play.

Third and lastly are my personal reasons that are on me.
My first game reader that I had was a M3 so it was familiar to me. I trusted them and it gave me a feeling of warm security staying with the same company that I started out with. Even after learning dozens of times that this narrow mindedness of customer loyalty is what can cheat people out of a lot of deals, I wasn’t willing to immediately hop on the R4 train or some other game reader that was still unknown PERSONALLY to me.
However, that is not to say that I wasn’t considering the possibility of changing either. I was looking to see what R4 COULD do the trick for what I wanted to do or some other reader. But with all the cards that were available, I was very quickly and easily taken aback by all the information overload intake I was having. I didn’t know WHICH R4 was the latest and finding out which one was the latest wasn’t as straight forward to me as I would have thought either. So to be able to play it “safe” instead of choosing a card that may be poor, I decided to stick with M3 – something that I felt worked for me.
Lastly was my eagerness. I was eager to buy some readers for my best friend and her boyfriend so that they could have one more thing to do together since they are a bit far apart. I was just picturing how great it would be if things worked out the way that I envisioned it in my mind, which yes I know that is a sucker’s way in for a trap. But also, I was eager to get started because school was starting soon and I didn’t have a bunch of time to do a bunch of research. I needed to decided SOON and so with everything that I have said so far, I chose M3.

Right now, I’m reading the links that you sent me, The Catboy. I’m not sure exactly if the M3i Zero will be able to play Wifi Multiplayer or not and don’t know yet just how important the updates are if I can just update them on the computer. I’m also a little confused because I thought that R4 had a newer release than R4 Gold? But I don’t know, there are just SO MANY releases that I’m getting really confused with it.

I have to go to class for now, but when (or rather IF) I have free time, I’m going to read more into GBATemp’s threads. This place seems trustworthy enough that I can at least have the reassurance that I don’t have to deal with a bunch of BS rumors and claims. Thank you very much for everyone’s time.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ROMs aren't just for getting to play games for free, you know... preservation is important. It doesn't seem like it now since the 3DS just came out, but over time games will physically deteriorate or get thrown away and such, and become harder and harder to find. Without proper dumps, these games and systems will eventually die. Even if the dumps can't be publicly played, each game is a part of video game history, and will eventually have been part of somebody's childhood when they grew up, which they might want to revisit.

What you read was an official nintendo 3DS update, and updates block flash carts, so that was actually a list of which carts still work, and which were blocked by the patch. The carts can't do anything to the game itself, the patch just happens to affect two things (the game and flash carts) in different ways.

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

Reactions: The Catboy

Legato Darksummers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you to a certain extent Rydian, but it can go both ways.
Sure, I have games that I still enjoy playing even though they’re back in the good ol’ days of Sega Genesis and the PSX, but if I wasn’t able to actually have a way to be able to play them then would do me very little good other than serving as a paper weight or as a nice little tidbit of collector’s decoration.
This is even more true if its just a file on the computer rather than a physical copy because with a physical copy, you can at least be able to feel it. These 3DS games RIGHT NOW are nothing more than a blank icon on my computer and they have A LOT of memory for just being a bunch of “pretty” little white things. And because of those reasons, I still can’t understand WHY.
NOW if this is all to be able to preserve and store games for when the games can finally be played then I can actually understand especially if these games are hard to find. But until that time, to me they’re nothing more than “memory-weights” that continue to tease me on end – I’m so close in being able to play the game and yet so far away that there is nothing that I can play it with.

Rydian and The Catboy, thank you very much for sending those links.
Your link, The Catboy, has finally made my decision of just killing my bond with M3i Zero. I’m still going to keep my original in case miracles really can happen, but that’s not saying much as I am a skeptic .
And Rydian, you have helped me to basically make my decision in which card to get. You’ve killed A LOT of time for me by sending me that table which let me see carts in a nutshell.

Oh and about the title, I chose the title BEFORE really learning about the games and it all sinking in as I had said with my second reply in the third paragraph. I’m sorry if you were misled. I'll change the name so that others don't make the same mistake.
(Nevermind, I guess I can't)

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros 3? Really dude? I think you meant to say New Super Mario Bros 3 which is a rom hack for New Super Mario Bros that adds levels similar to Super Mario Bros 3. You also said Mario Party Land 3D but the actual name of the game is Super Mario 3D Land. I wonder if you have a form of dyslexia as you couldn't seem to name things correctly.

Perhaps the experience of buying things before you know what they can really do will help teach you to better research the latest information before purchasing and then subsequently coming to the site which has all the information you needed in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...