M3i Zero announced

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
pretty boring, as with all other DSi flashcards, unless it introduces a nicer menu (m3real isn't so great), and I hope it's upgradable to enable DSi features (once the hacking in that area gets going).

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OSW said:
pretty boring, as with all other DSi flashcards, unless it introduces a nicer menu (m3real isn't so great), and I hope it's upgradable to enable DSi features (once the hacking in that area gets going).
You're kidding or?!
tongue.gif

M3 Sakura, is really amazing GUI/menu/firmware whatever you want to call it.....I really can't see how nicer menu could be even made..

I agree with everything that people say on DSi mode, hopefully, if it is ever hacked, it would be cool that bootloader upgrade would be enough, and that won't be a hardware issue..

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
OSW said:
You're kidding or?!
tongue.gif

M3 Sakura, is really amazing GUI/menu/firmware whatever you want to call it.....I really can't see how nicer menu could be even made..

I agree with everything that people say on DSi mode, hopefully, if it is ever hacked, it would be cool that bootloader upgrade would be enough, and that won't be a hardware issue..

Ah, well honestly I haven't been able to properly use sakura (only dldi version lol), because I traded my m3real before it was released (oops, lol). But there's my little grudge against m3team since they stuffed up the g6real (which i still have lol) and dropped full support for it ...

Their original menu was pretty dodgy, and m3sakura is made by moonlight, not even by m3 team...

Still like my acekard better. It's surprising that a bunch of homebrew devs can build something greater than the actual cart producers... but kudos to them for going open source, it really was a smart move. Theres even AK2 romloader plugin for moonshell 2 (so it's pretty much like sakura)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OSW said:
Ah, well honestly I haven't been able to properly use sakura (only dldi version lol), because I traded my m3real before it was released (oops, lol). But there's my little grudge against m3team since they stuffed up the g6real (which i still have lol) and dropped full support for it ...

Their original menu was pretty dodgy, and m3sakura is made by moonlight, not even by m3 team...

Still like my acekard better. It's surprising that a bunch of homebrew devs can build something greater than the actual cart producers... but kudos to them for going open source, it really was a smart move. Theres even AK2 romloader plugin for moonshell 2 (so it's pretty much like sakura)
Aaaa, so you were serious...I honestly wasn't sure if you're kidding or what.
smile.gif

Yeah, you missed MUCH with not using Sakura in full glory!

I understand you completely about that G6 thing. but M3 Sakura is their official firmware/GUI, even tho most of it was developed by Moonlight..
However, seems like you don't know that Sakura has its little tweeks and parts that are different from Moonshell..
It has full GBA support with all extra features that M3 GBA expansion offers, and it has RTS.

Just wanted to clear that out
wink.gif

And one more thing, everybody is talking about them going open source....I really don't think that's the case....I think they meant to say that all users will be able to upgrade both firmware and bootloader for themselves, but not that it'll be full open source....I could be wrong tho!

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So the whole "the firmware is totally upgradable so we can work around anything nintendo does"
... will that also enable us to upgrade to a release that enables DSi Mode when someone's unlocked it, or will there be a whole new batch of cards?

...Personally, I want a DSi cart that works with Pokemon Colloseum (the wii game) AND works as a passme, etc for my DSL until I upgrade to a DSi.
[Perhaps when testing DSi products you can add that back to the gamelist of stuff you test for? Shout-out to the admins
tongue.gif
]

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
shaunj66 said:
Just like the Supercard DS ONEi and the EZ Flash Vi, everything on the M3i Zero is upgradeable. Should Nintendo decide to introduce measures to block flash carts in a future DSi firmware update, pending a possible work around, you'll be able to update your M3i Zero to tackle any new protection.
Don't forget the EZVi which can update also its bootstrap/bootloader, firmware and kernel.
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure the M3i Zero is the first cart to have an updateable boot loader, and the EZVi + AK2i only has the ability to update the kernel.

Toni Plutonij said:
And one more thing, everybody is talking about them going open source....I really don't think that's the case....I think they meant to say that all users will be able to upgrade both firmware and bootloader for themselves, but not that it'll be full open source....I could be wrong tho!

This is the email iwakura got:
QUOTEWe will release the M3i zero for DS , DSl & DSi about 10 days later .

M3i Zero

============

-Unique technique, from Zero to Infinity (’0 ‘-> ‘? ‘)

1) upgradable “Boot Flash data”

2) upgradable “Kernel”

3) upgradable “Firmware”

(Maximize the ability to cope with the new DSi and coming game protection.)

Our product does not contain any copyright data or firmware program, though users may upgrade the software to make M3i Zero become the most powerful flash cart.

We will let you know more information later .

QUOTE(imgod22222 @ Jun 13 2009, 07:54 AM)
So the whole "the firmware is totally upgradable so we can work around anything nintendo does"
... will that also enable us to upgrade to a release that enables DSi Mode when someone's unlocked it, or will there be a whole new batch of cards?

...Personally, I want a DSi cart that works with Pokemon Colloseum (the wii game) AND works as a passme, etc for my DSL until I upgrade to a DSi.
[Perhaps when testing DSi products you can add that back to the gamelist of stuff you test for? Shout-out to the admins
tongue.gif
]

I imagine since basically every aspect of this new cart is upgradeable we will be able to update it so it can go into DSi Mode as well without having to buy a new cart.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
I am gonna get this one aswell.

I bought so many flashcarts within the last 2-3 weeks..
Supercard lite, Acekard 2i, Supercard DSOneI, few fake R4s and DSTTs..(all for collection, supercard only in use).

Who should I contact to get an early sample? Danny? or the korean team?

thanks

CeroCHAOS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we need a statement from the M3 Team about the full future functionality of the M3i0 as far as when DSi mode is cracked if the card could support it with an update or if a new card would be needed altogether... Just my speculation.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kamui said:
I am gonna get this one aswell.

I bought so many flashcarts within the last 2-3 weeks..
Supercard lite, Acekard 2i, Supercard DSOneI, few fake R4s and DSTTs..(all for collection, supercard only in use).

Who should I contact to get an early sample? Danny? or the korean team?

thanks

I think you have to be well known to get a free early sample...atleast 1000+ posts. I sure as heck would love an early sample, but I'm probably not gonna get one if I ask.

milfy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I missed something, but were people not boycotting m3 because they were not paying the developer of moonshell (or something to that effect)? Was that resolved?

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I didnt ask for a "FREE" sample.
I just wanted one before it reaches the shop.
As far as I can remember I had the G6 Real almost 2 weeks before was available in the shops..

edit:
also post count doesnt make you a hero..
just because you poste above 600 within 3-4 months, which I coudnt do over the last 2 years and 2 months...

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it says "sakura" not the M3 DS REAL firmware.
So we should be able to run sakura on it.

But who knows.. we might be able to run the M3DSR firmware on this aswell..

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kamui said:
Well I didnt ask for a "FREE" sample.
I just wanted one before it reaches the shop.
As far as I can remember I had the G6 Real almost 2 weeks before was available in the shops..

edit:
also post count doesnt make you a hero..
just because you poste above 600 within 3-4 months, which I coudnt do over the last 2 years and 2 months...

Yah I know but that being said they also wouldn't give an early sample to someone with one post.

But oh well, if you do find out who to email to for an early sample then contact me please.

Thanks ^^

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
The top left corner of the box as well as the text below the logo say it's a "movie player". Is that to keep it's game-playing function on the down-low for exporting or will it have a built-in movie player as well?

EDIT: Ah, I'd never noticed that the M3DS Real has that same movie player icon on it which uses Moonshell. I was hoping it was it's own player, instead.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Well thats just to look more "ordinary".
Obviously it has moonshell so you can play dpg, dpg2 files, and you wil be able to play games :=)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...