Hacking M3 stopped producing M3 Simply?

igboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most stores are still having trouble keeping them in stock since they sell out so quickly. Unless they are releasing another card to replace the simply immediately, discontinuing the simply would be a pretty dumb busuness move.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
just get an R4. it's the same anyway, just better.
I think the point here is for people who already got an M3 DS simply and are afraid that the M3 DS Simply might not be updated in the future.
Well, don't worry anyway - the R4 DS loader can be patched to function on a M3 DS simply. So your M3 will have updates anyway!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just get an R4. it's the same anyway, just better.

I think the point here is for people who already got an M3 DS simply and are afraid that the M3 DS Simply might not be updated in the future.
Well, don't worry anyway - the R4 DS loader can be patched to function on a M3 DS simply. So your M3 will have updates anyway!
Yep - thank god. I just hope that the R4 keeps being produced otherwise everyone's screwed.

linkycat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What would they be replacing it with so soon? Unless they just call it something else. Developing and producing this hardware seems like it would be pretty expensive for only a few months of production. More likely they are changing manufacturers of the hardware, to someone who is doing it cheaper, and having a hiccup in the process?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The M3 team would have to be pretty stupid to stop releasing updates for the Simply when all they have to do to convert the R4 loader is change one bit for the hardware check, a few pieces of text, and paste in their own default skin.

Hey, we just stopped supporting our old cart that you bought two months ago. Buy our new cart!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
True, pretty stupid if they did stop selling them. It is probably getting them a huge amount of profit (possibly more so than the slot 2 cards, seeing how popular slot 1 has been recently)

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I herd about this as well, because the M3 team don’t have anything to do with manufacturing the M3 simply, it’s R4’s hardware. M3 makes very little on the simply compared to other cards they manufacture. The only reason they made this deal with R4 is because at the time when R4 & SC were coming out with there slot-1 cards M3 at the time had nothing, so they made a deal with R4 to lease there technology.

M3 thought because of their name alone they would out sell R4’s with all of their loyal customers. But people aren’t that stupid, well most people anyway. With R4 making the hardware for both & being cheaper plus getting updates a few days earlier. The R4 has been out selling the Simply about 100 to 1, so with M3 not making the money they expected the Simply has become more of a burden to the M3 team. But with the R4 DS loader out now at least there are no worries if anything happens.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the m3 real close to release then? or did their contract with R4 expire and r4 did not want to continue it, or maybe the R4 team wanted more money then M3 was willing to pay for the new lease.

fyww611

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
acutally, i went to many stores for R4, but most of them are out of stock currently, or some prices are very high. Finally, i order mine at digimartz.com, fast shipping. Great!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I herd about this as well, because the M3 team don’t have anything to do with manufacturing the M3 simply, it’s R4’s hardware. M3 makes very little on the simply compared to other cards they manufacture. The only reason they made this deal with R4 is because at the time when R4 & SC were coming out with there slot-1 cards M3 at the time had nothing, so they made a deal with R4 to lease there technology.

M3 thought because of their name alone they would out sell R4’s with all of their loyal customers. But people aren’t that stupid, well most people anyway. With R4 making the hardware for both & being cheaper plus getting updates a few days earlier. The R4 has been out selling the Simply about 100 to 1, so with M3 not making the money they expected the Simply has become more of a burden to the M3 team. But with the R4 DS loader out now at least there are no worries if anything happens.

Well, the M3 Simply still is a good cart, and the price is the same as a R4. I bought the M3 Simply because of their name, and because it was as cheap as the R4 anyway...

is the m3 real close to release then? or did their contract with R4 expire and r4 did not want to continue it, or maybe the R4 team wanted more money then M3 was willing to pay for the new lease.
No! Not the M3 Real! That'd make my M3 Simply useless! Well, I could use hacked R4 firmwares, but rather not!

I don't believe it exists anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1