M3 simply, with a few issues

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Dumah, May 13, 2013.

1. Dumah
    OP

Dumah Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2013
    I have had my m3ds simply since 2007 and it worked fine when i first had it.
    It has spent the last few years sitting in my original DS in a draw, but 2 weeks ago i got it out because i wanted to give pokémon pearl another play before the new 3ds game comes out this year.
    It was stuck with the loading message when i turned it on, but after taking the cart out and putting it back in a few times it started up fine. Then every so often over the last 2 weeks its got stuck on loading again with me having to repeat the process .

But last night it did it and i have not been able to get it to start again. i have also gotten these messages aswell .
    sd/tf card error
    couldn't find _ds_menu.dat
    couldn't find the sd/tf card

I have been using m3 1.06 , it worked with the games i played so saw no need to update it.
    Today i have tried wood R4 has i have read that is compatible and worked .
    I have also reformatted my micro sd card countless times, and cleaned the pins.

I am totally lost for what i can do now, i have tried every solution that i could find online for these problems.

Is there anything else i can try?

Thanks

2. Dumah
    OP

Dumah Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2013
    Update,

so i got a brand new 1gb microsd card today, still just comes up with loading.
    Any help would be appreciated, i can solder , if something needs fixing in the m3 cart.

IMAG0930.jpg
    Edit, i have taken it apart , here is inside.
    Only thing i notice that could be wrong is that the little white component to the left of where you insert the micro sd card. it looks like it has come away from the pcb on one side, but i dont if it is meant to be like that or not

3. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    Try using an older version of wood R4.

Either that or you stuck using the M3 Simply system files.