Hacking M3 Simply GUI please?

glitchbit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find any screen shots of their GUI, but from what I have read the R4 and the M3 Simply's are the same? Same hardware? but what about firmware and feature differences and GUI?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
.. the R4 and the M3 Simply's are the same? Same hardware? ..

perhaps it's the same hardware?

I can't wait to see the first pictures of the M3 simply pcb (front- and backside!)...
browsing daily the web!
The R4 DS and M3 DS Simply are almost identical in their hardware and software, they are produced by the same company in the same factory. The PCBs are the same, with very minor differences. The GUI's are identical apart from a different skin, and the kits even come with packaged with the same accessories and are shipped in a white shell with a black replacement shell in the box. (Yes, the shells are both identical too)

Here's a picture of the GUI for the person that requested it:

m3g0.jpg
m3g1.jpg

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow the three options are just like R4, games, multimedia and options... How do I make a decision now?

Hows the download play?
You don't make a decision. You flip a coin. Heads R4, tails M3. It dosen't matter what you get.I ordered and M3 but I think about and I should have ordered a R4 because it is already out and I like the fact that it comes in a box where M3 DS Simply comes in the hard plastic packaging that requires scissors and can never be closed once opened.

glitchbit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say thanks to spike and shuan for those links and pics. Also releived that this I guess was not a duplicated thread and I did not get flamed =).

This just confirms it even more if their was any doubt that they were different. It will be interesting to see if the firmwares can be interchangeable. Also what I am more interested in is that who will keep their firmware more up to date? And it seems like M3 supposedly has a new version in the works, but will the R4 distributors beat them to the punch again with the same hardware?

All this just makes me think that this company distributes the R4 themselves and they have contracted out with M3 to push more units out their under a known name. Similar to how samsung sells their own RAM sticks directly, mostly to OEMs, but they also supply the chips for many other memory sticks under other brand names whether it is for a computer or digital device.

And I'd much rather pay the original supplier than to have to go through a middle man... but I could be wrong I guess, both of these may be middle men.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

I can't wait to see the first pictures of the M3 simply pcb (front- and backside!)...
browsing daily the web!
The R4 DS and M3 DS Simply are almost identical in their hardware and software, they are produced by the same company in the same factory. The PCBs are the same, with very minor differences. The GUI's are identical apart from a different skin, and the kits even come with packaged with the same accessories and are shipped in a white shell with a black replacement shell in the box. (Yes, the shells are both identical too)

m3g0.jpg
m3g1.jpg
Didn't they promise a touch screen GUI? Are we supposed to touch the upper screen to select a game or is touching just limited to the three icons in the main screen.
Dang, what's with those Moonshell based UI's anyway? R4, EZ5, M3Simply all use moonshell based GUI, while I think the slot2's variant, where you saw the icons in the list already, were better...
wtf.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Use D-pad to select a game in the upper screen and touch bottom screen start the game.

Also, did anybody notice that M3 DS Simply is packaged with two different Micro SD card readers. On package I have seen had a transparent blue like the transparent orange on that R4 comes with and the other one was black and silver.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

browsing daily the web!

m3g0.jpg
m3g1.jpg

It looks so awesome but I want to know if you are going to review it and see if there is a score like ds-x ? DS-X is awesome but very expensive and the score is 9.5/10 so I am curious about this one since it is cheap but I want to know if this games are higher compabilities ?

shaunj66,

are we going to see this in review and the score ? I want to buy this but I want to read this review first. Cheers and Thanks!

Kurai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

browsing daily the web!

m3g0.jpg
m3g1.jpg

This is a pretty old picture, If my Kanji serves me correct those pictures were taken on October the 3rd 2006 >.< Maybe the GUI's might have changed since then?

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sup