M3 simply freezing

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by SpiritBoy, Jan 3, 2009.

Jan 3, 2009

M3 simply freezing by SpiritBoy at 2:43 PM (885 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. SpiritBoy
    OP

Member SpiritBoy GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Sometimes, when I'm playing Rune Factory 2, the game suddenly freezes, and when I restart my DS, I need to reinsert the flashcart. So my question is this - is this a problem with the flashcart, or is it a common problem?

2. Beige

Member Beige GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah, the Simply, I remember when I abused it.
    There are a few things:
    1) I'm not sure, but I think Rune Factory 2 had some copy protection or a bug along those lines, but I'll need confirmation.
    2) You could try the old 'backup and reformat' with your MicroSD card.
    3) This could also be the result of a very common problem that happens with some flash cards and other 3rd party cards. The pins could be very dirty, so I recommend opening the shell (it should use a small phillips head) and doing the following:
    -Dip a Q-tip in some rubbing alcohol.
    -Give the pins a good scrub. It's likely that they will leave a dark residue on the Q-tip.
    -Use the dry end/another Q-Tip to dry it off
    -Leave it in a small room on a hand towel with a fan on to cycle dust and whatnot off.
    -Reassemble and try again.

Number 3 is a guaranteed method, as anyone on the M3 forums will attest to. It also works if your card decides to not launch all the time.

3. SpiritBoy
    OP

Member SpiritBoy GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Ah, I'm going to search on that Rune Factory 2 bug / CP before I do method 3.
    Thanks.