Hacking M3-Sakura-Real-iTouch Triple Boot *English Edition* Is Here!

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing; Rapidshare was down when I first uploaded it, but until now I never had a valid reason to try it again. Link

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Sup, gais

So I finally tried the triple boot today... and... I'm not sure.

Sakura isn't working for me. Real works for me, and I don't really care about ITouchDS.

The first time I booted, Sakura worked fine. It ran through the checkdisk and gave me the configuration options (which I left at default). I immediately went to play my copy of Jump Ultimate Stars with the english patch, which (as I soon found out) had been trimmed to something around 500 Kb. I didn't know this yet, so I said to boot it. It gave me a screen about 'The Save file is of the wrong size... We can try to fix it, but it might corrupt the save as well. I said 'go for it' and it gave me a white screen.

This white screen is what you get when you try to load the poorly trimmed Jump Ultimate Stars, because I tried loading it in no$gba and got the same thing. I replaced the bad rom and rebooted. Before the checkdisk scan started, it gave me some 'bad files error. grr..' message. The top screen sad 'loading Sakura 1.10 (yeah, 1.10) / no expansion pack detected' The bottom yielded some suggestions such as 'try a different card, make sure the dldi is ok'.

I redownloaded the triple boot. I first deleted the old 'System' folder and 'Itouch' folder. I copied the folders over and had the boot files overwrite the old ones.

Now when I try to load Sakura, it stays at 0% on the chkdisk. I rebooted, holding X for the Real firmware, and it worked! I tried a couple different nds roms and they all worked. I haven't really tried homebrew yet.

All that... So does anyone have an Idea for how to run Sakura?
-edit-
perhaps there's a configuration file with a bit I can change to say 'don't do the diskcheck'. At least it's a temporary patch.

Also. I manually patched the dldi on my homebrew .nds files. This won't make a problem, will it? I tried SNEmuldS, but when it said 'Select rom', I just got a black screen.

Tanti auguri a voi.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ti sounds like that attempt corrupted your file system. Copy all files off the card, rn SDFormatter over it and copy them back.

gunns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so is their any news from the g6 team about an official sakura firmware release?

its been quiet around here lately, they did say they are working on it...

any time estimation of when we can expect it,

days/weeks/months?

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Fat D said:
ti sounds like that attempt corrupted your file system. Copy all files off the card, rn SDFormatter over it and copy them back.

I suppose that must have been it. I reformatted and it worked. Crazy.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Aww, sweet, you got the filefactory upload like I asked... thanks
yaynds.gif

Now I can try this out.

Lionhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, but i have a chinese M3Real and i believe this doesn't work with it. Is it possible to create a chinese version or maybe a patch for this to make it work on Chinese M3real? Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

Lionhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, trying the deviant.zero chinese convertion didn't quite work, sakura didn't load, and m3real firmware didn't load roms, so i patched de g6dsload2.eng, and sakura worked, but original firmware didn't load roms, it appears to load them but then is just a black screen; even patching all eng files, the normal firmware starts as if it were a new system installation with the language selection and after selecting, it tries to load the main screen with the 6 icons but after loading the last one the lower screen goes black. Is there anyway to make it work correctly?

Edit: Well, after a lot of trial and error i actually manage to make the 3 firmwares work as they should. But there is something that is still not right, with the software change of the language from chinese to english, it brings problems to the firmware, like some homebrews not running, and for example Grid doesn't pass from the first saving point, so i was playing grid with the normal chinese version and it worked flawlessly, so is there a possibility to make the g6dsload file with the autoboot thing and the chinese language, that would make this work as best as this could. Thanks anyways.

Edit2: After more trial and error i finally made the m3 firmware into chinese, I just didn't know g6dsload2 was the original loader of m3firmware, after that i just changed the rest of the .gb, and it works like a charm.

So i have a Triple loader with M3 firmware in english (that crashes some games), and one with chinese (which works perfectly) if anyone wants them, just ask.

xxnitrothundaxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get the Itouch to run the triple boot without any problems? I have found different versions of the triple boot around but they either booted real and work 100% but sakura wouldn't boot roms or sakura worked but not real.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Lionhawk said:
Well, trying the deviant.zero chinese convertion didn't quite work, sakura didn't load, and m3real firmware didn't load roms, so i patched de g6dsload2.eng, and sakura worked, but original firmware didn't load roms, it appears to load them but then is just a black screen; even patching all eng files, the normal firmware starts as if it were a new system installation with the language selection and after selecting, it tries to load the main screen with the 6 icons but after loading the last one the lower screen goes black. Is there anyway to make it work correctly?

Edit: Well, after a lot of trial and error i actually manage to make the 3 firmwares work as they should. But there is something that is still not right, with the software change of the language from chinese to english, it brings problems to the firmware, like some homebrews not running, and for example Grid doesn't pass from the first saving point, so i was playing grid with the normal chinese version and it worked flawlessly, so is there a possibility to make the g6dsload file with the autoboot thing and the chinese language, that would make this work as best as this could. Thanks anyways.

Edit2: After more trial and error i finally made the m3 firmware into chinese, I just didn't know g6dsload2 was the original loader of m3firmware, after that i just changed the rest of the .gb, and it works like a charm.

So i have a Triple loader with M3 firmware in english (that crashes some games), and one with chinese (which works perfectly) if anyone wants them, just ask.
Do you have the files for running chinese firmwares on an English M3REAL? that would be nice.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Keylogger said:
Can we add manually the iTouch firmware 1.9 to the tripleboot by simply replacing the "ITOUCH" folder?

yes and just rename it to whichever you have it set to either DEFAULTX.nds or DEFAULTY.NDS some users like to swap them round ?? not sure why but you can
smile.gif

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
kobykaan said:
Keylogger said:
Can we add manually the iTouch firmware 1.9 to the tripleboot by simply replacing the "ITOUCH" folder?

yes and just rename it to whichever you have it set to either DEFAULTX.nds or DEFAULTY.NDS some users like to swap them round ?? not sure why but you can
smile.gif
You have t rename the folder to DEFAULTY.NDS or DEFALUTX.NDS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1