Hacking M3 sakura 1.12+1 on itouch

SeaofTea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this quote on the itouch triple boot, and I'm not saying its accurate but let's experiment with it and find out if we can't collectively figure out how to get the latest sakura to run on itouch. If anybody has any information on how the triple or dual loaders work for the itouch, I would be much obliged.

Problematique said:
ok then if i must spill the beans

get the hacked sakura full english region free or what ever its called
replace the system files
but some subfolders in lowercase
eg
M3SAKURA m3sakura
or the other way...i forget
and walla you have it booting off 1.12 system

tiagomartins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
visit my topic:
triple boot actualized
yaynds.gif

SeaofTea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I've found some interesting stuff. tiagomartins link does give you a hack and slash ver of sakura 1.12+1. All it is is the 519kb boot.eng from the triple loader with sakura 1.12+1 thrown on top of it. You can also copy all the directories from M3 iSakuReal v1.3 (English Edition) over and use those instead. Though since your using the old boot loader it says sakura 1.10.

Now I want to know how the boot.eng works
When I compare the 512kb boot.eng included in the triple loader with the smaller 51kb boot.eng from itouch 2.3d firmware some interesting changes are visible. First something is changed from 00ce to 00dd. What exaclty I couldn't tell you.

At 020c it seems as if menu.jp from sakura/ dir been inserted. It's really strange and I'm going to try playing around with it some more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night