M3 sakura 1.12+1 on itouch

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by SeaofTea, Jan 9, 2009.

Jan 9, 2009

M3 sakura 1.12+1 on itouch by SeaofTea at 5:35 PM (882 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. SeaofTea
    OP

Newcomer SeaofTea Member

United States
    I found this quote on the itouch triple boot, and I'm not saying its accurate but let's experiment with it and find out if we can't collectively figure out how to get the latest sakura to run on itouch. If anybody has any information on how the triple or dual loaders work for the itouch, I would be much obliged.

2. tiagomartins

Newcomer tiagomartins Member

Portugal
  3. SeaofTea
    OP

Newcomer SeaofTea Member

United States
    OK I've found some interesting stuff. tiagomartins link does give you a hack and slash ver of sakura 1.12+1. All it is is the 519kb boot.eng from the triple loader with sakura 1.12+1 thrown on top of it. You can also copy all the directories from M3 iSakuReal v1.3 (English Edition) over and use those instead. Though since your using the old boot loader it says sakura 1.10.

Now I want to know how the boot.eng works
    When I compare the 512kb boot.eng included in the triple loader with the smaller 51kb boot.eng from itouch 2.3d firmware some interesting changes are visible. First something is changed from 00ce to 00dd. What exaclty I couldn't tell you.

At 020c it seems as if menu.jp from sakura/ dir been inserted. It's really strange and I'm going to try playing around with it some more.