M3 Real Media Player/Browser not booting?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by PhoenixWrong, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008
  1. PhoenixWrong
    OP

Newcomer PhoenixWrong Member

United States
    On firmware 4.0 x32 and I encoded some movies to put on my card but now the media player will not boot. I tried deleting my media to see if it was corrupted but that doesnt seem to be the case... I dont know what is wrong, is it the firmware? I tried reinstalling it. I'm using a Kingston 4GB JP microSDHC and the media player worked before but I dont remember if it was on or before v4 firmware.

2. PhoenixWrong
    OP

United States
    I got it booting after backing up, reformatting and reinstalling, so now begs the question what settings with SakuraTools do I use to encode dpg video to run on my M3 Real? I tried running the ones set to default settings and when I clicked them to play they wouldnt run. Help?

3. 11gardir

Member 11gardir GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I would suggest Super (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html#Dnload ) for converting videos - just change the output format to Nintendo DS (i.e. DPG) and the default settings should work.

4. Cheater388

Newcomer Cheater388 Advanced Member

United States
    If you crashed-and-killed your OS when you watched those movies, then maybe your movies were not in the correct color format? Try 16 or 24 bit, I'm not so sure... If the OS crashed-and-died on initialization, while not even playing the movies, then your OS files just got corrupted. It would have nothing to do with those videos.

5. PhoenixWrong
    OP

United States
    The OS doesnt crash when trying to play them, it just doesnt play them, it clicks but nothing loads like its a bad file or something. I need something better than batchDPG cause I can never get it to work with all its missing dll errors and its inability to encode .avi's well.

6. PhoenixWrong
    OP

United States
    ok Super can encode them but there are serious framerate and audio issues. 1) the videos will show about 3 seconds of fluid video then freeze for 5 seconds. 2) the audio goes out of sync by about I would say 8 seconds too fast or too slow in contrast to the video.

Recommended settings?

7. Cheater388

Newcomer Cheater388 Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, the problem where you cannot encode videos can be solved with more codecs. Pick up a codecs pack like CCCP and encoding videos will be a breeze.

When I encode videos, I do not get sound delay. You have a problem. Check the video to see if it has the same delay or not. Other than that, I would recommend toning down the video bitrate because your DS might be lagging behind on video playback. BTW The optimal video bitrate is 320 kbs, but I don't see the difference between that and 256 kbs.