M3 + RAM expansion constantly freezing

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by legions, Aug 1, 2009.

Aug 1, 2009
  1. legions

Newcomer legions Newbie

Jul 10, 2009
    United States
    I recently bought the M3 and have been running the most recent Sakura firmware (1.4 I think?). I have an 8 gig card I just bought, plus an older 1 gig card. My problem seems to be that during some games the M3 will lock up (music/sound get super garbled but the screen just freezes). When I restart sometimes it's only a black screen or a white screen. So it can take multiple restarts to get to work. Games like Brain Age rarely freeze (I can play for hours a day, multiple times a week and it may freeze only once). A game like Castlevania freezes a little more often, but a game like Elite Beat Heroes will freeze frequently at the end of a song. I've reformatted both cards multiple times with the special formatting software off of this site, left a few hundred megs to gigs open on each card, I even tried the paper trick, all to no avail. I may just buy a CycloDS because this M3 has been terrible.
  2. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Oct 5, 2008
    in the trap
    Try using the one under 1.4 (1.3) because I've heard that the 1.4 isn't as stable (Cheats mainly). Either that or you must have gotten a bad batch or a fake, check the M3 thread for a guide on spotting fake M3 Real carts or just type in the search bar "M3 Real fake".