Hacking M3 NineTail

Status
Not open for further replies.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it stands for Transflash or something? I've heard the term a few times but its not terribly common anymore

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bubbabyte said:
Now about the DLDI thing, i did research it, but finding a defintion of "Dynamically Linked Decive Interface" doesn't exactly explain how I would put this on my cart, and possibly ruin my "TF".
I'm not trying to be a jackass man, but blaming me for not trying to decode Xenon's messages is not gonna help anything, not everyong can take his small sentence and know exactly what to do.
The modified DLDI might screw up your mSD because it changes the way some things are handled and quite possibly if there is a problem in the dldi with accessing the mSD, there is a high chance of it corrupting files and other things, thus it is best to give out the warning in case something does happen.
Nobody is blaming you for anything o.0...It's just an explanation...
I'll admit that some of Xenon++'s may seem cryptic (they are actually all pretty easy to understand in my opinion), but I would say it's a small price to pay for someone who doesn't speak English as their main language and is willing to code this sort of stuff for users.

bubbabyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, I'm not upset at Xenon's english, it's obvious it's not his first language and he's a huge contributor around here, so i'm not about to disrespect him. There are just some people around here that are completely new to this, such as me, that need a bit more explaining then just a few terms that can confuse the hell out of someone..lol

Anyway, thanks for the info jurassic. its much appreciated.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wikipedia - Transflash

Some info on Transflash for those interested, important part "The microSD format was created by SanDisk. It was originally called T-Flash, and then TransFlash, before being renamed microSD when adopted by the SD Card Association (SDA). Other flash card formats approved by the SDA include miniSD and standard SD card."

bubbabyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really "want" to try it, but you pretty much said above that it WILL ruin my tf. So unless that was a typo, I'd rather not ruin my card.

bubbabyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
Do you know the meaning of "test"? (no offence)

Yes, i'm aware of what test means.

But this QUOTEAs you didn't test g003.dldi, I have to say "this WILL corrupt your TF". Just sigh...
http://leafmoon.users.sourceforge.net/xeno...tmp/woodg003.7z

to me, means: Since you didn't test the dldi, here is a link to a file that WILL mess up your stuff, enjoy.

I"m willing to test something.. but not when you tell me that it WILL mess up my card. You didn't even say there was a chance, you made it sound as if there is a 100% chance of everything going to hell.

But again, i'm not trying to be a problem, obviously the issue is mostly on my end cause nobody else seems to have the confusion of deciphering your messages, so i apologize. I know you are a huge asset around here I just wish i could understand what you were trying to say a little more clearly.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bubbabyte said:
I"m willing to test something.. but not when you tell me that it WILL mess up my card. You didn't even say there was a chance, you made it sound as if there is a 100% chance of everything going to hell.
sigh...

chance: if my reverse engineering of g003.dldi is correct, this woodg003 will work.
This doesn't mean probability, you should know.

bubbabyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
bubbabyte said:
sigh...

chance: if my reverse engineering of g003.dldi is correct, this woodg003 will work.
This doesn't mean probability, you should know.

Thank you very much.. I will test it asap and report back. Besides error message is there anything else i can report that might be useful to you.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DeadlyAnGeL91792 said:
same thing happens to me...but i guess i can live with it anyone know where to find more wood themes?
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Links
Has some sites, but remember getting themes from ndsthemes, you need to create the calendar folder and copy these files from the theme folder into it
"clock_colon.bmp"
"clock_numbers.bmp"
"day_numbers.bmp"
"year_numbers.bmp"

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Is there any possible way when I change the skin in M3Wood that it resets like normal or no I have to always turn off my DS and turn it back on?
Sorry currently WoodM3 reset is disabled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald