Hacking M3 Lite Review

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice review. Though, it would be nice to see some power consumption testing as I'm sure many people are curious about this issue as well.

I'm just waiting for the "M3 lite vs Supercard lite" threads to come flooding in.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been using old m3 sd, supercard lites, g6 3rd gens, and g6 lites....the m3 lite is coming in and I will write my impressions of the device soon as I got some time to play with it. I'll try to do a 2gb sandisk vs a 1gb sandisk ultra II comparison on the castlevania test as well. Won't spend the time to do a whole review but should give you guys a good point of reference compared to other carts and how the m3 lite holds up.

PeterFile

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
untitleddj7.jpg

Yes, it can play it's own movies, and here's a print screen of the converter. It converts them into a gbm and gbs file - gbm being the video and gbs being the sound.

And here's an example of one, which i downloaded a long time ago from www.gbatmw.net . Just shove these on your card and go to "movies"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WUZ5TUT7 (1.3MB Zipped)

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i had m3 miniSD, i used the M3 crystal converter and the videos i made wasn't exactly very good compared to dpg.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
DS Organize works on the M3 Mini SD V2, Green version. Works fine, saves stuff, it's great. Just copy it over and hit START to run it. It never worked before, but it does now.

I'd like to know if you need to reencode the videos to anything specific (PocketDivXEncoder is free and easy).

tlogank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like many of you, I have had high hopes for the M3Lite. I got the M3Lite in the mail today...looks great-BUT, compared to my SCLite using the same vanilla Kingston 1GB MicroSD card-this thing is SLOOOOOOW! It does not pass the Castlevania, Tony Hawk, or the Animal Crossing test. I was going to sell my SCLite to a friend, but it looks like I will be selling him the M3Lite instead, as I don't want to have any problems in the future with any fast rendering games that may come out and cause hesitiation on the M3Lite. Like I said, it looks great, slides in and out easily, but NDS compatibility (and DSOrganize) is still a few notches away from SCLite.

waiwai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

aliquis

Trophies
XP
Country
So like many of you, I have had high hopes for the M3Lite. I got the M3Lite in the mail today...looks great-BUT, compared to my SCLite using the same vanilla Kingston 1GB MicroSD card-this thing is SLOOOOOOW!  It does not pass the Castlevania, Tony Hawk, or the Animal Crossing test.  I was going to sell my SCLite to a friend, but it looks like I will be selling him the M3Lite instead, as I don't want to have any problems in the future with any fast rendering games that may come out and cause hesitiation on the M3Lite.  Like I said, it looks great, slides in and out easily, but NDS compatibility (and DSOrganize) is still a few notches away from SCLite.
Format it with FAT16 64k clusters and nothing will lag, and use E27a of course.

Saves have already been answered but I guess it saves in battery backed up memory until next time you happen to reboot and then moves it over to the microsd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL