Rawr :3
OP
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got my M3 Simply yesterday (02/23/07) from Kicktrading it came with a microSD card reader and I was wondering if it was safe to use because I am getting tired of going from the Kingston SD card adapter > SD CameraMate > to a free usb port!

Basically I want to cut out the middle man Kingston microSD card adapter and the SD CameraMate and just use the reader that came with the M3 Simply, the problem is I heard some pretty nasty things about how poorly made these things were and that they get really hot
hate2.gif

So is this thing safe to use or is it going to melt down my ever so tiny and fragile microSD card?

Granted I have everything backed up and the microSD card only cost me $9 its just I don't want to wait while another microSD card is shipped to me I'd rather be doing my thing with the Simply
gba.gif

So what say you Tempers anyone have their card meltdown?

S-PAK

Trophies
XP
Country
When i used my card reader that came with the M3 simply, my computer got really slow and crashed everytime i tried to access the card, then i sued my other card read, with the sd card adapter that came with my micro sd and everything was working perfectly...haven't used the t/f reader since.

Seyiji

Rawr :3
OP
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
What did the reader look like?

Was it the one described/pictured in the Simply Review found on this site or was it different?

[] Aluminum Casing

[] Transparent Blue Casing

[] Transparent Black Casing

SoSly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got the m3 simply from kicktrading too, and my card reader came with the transparent blue casing. Had i known there were problems with the card readers, i wouldn't have taken a chance and just bought a new card reader.

but i didn't know so i used it and it works perfectly fine. Now im wondering should i still use it? Any chance it will breakdown later? no problems so far...

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
everything breaks electronic wise, it's a matter of time. There are no real guarantees with a device they spent a couple cents to manufacture and hand solder together made in China. On the bright side, if it dies, it's not exactly the end of the world.....if it takes your microsd card with it....they're so cheap now it's not the end of the world either. Enjoy the flashcart more and use whatever works and worry less.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The reader with the transparent black casing appear to be the best, I havent heard of anyone thats had problems with this reader, when using it with 1gig cards, only with 2gig cards.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the transparent blue one with the blue LED. While it does work, I got a weird error on my A-Data 512MB card (a file was still there after I deleted it, and would not go away until I reformatted the card) and decided I'd rather buy a real card reader than worry about it.

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the M3 simply from kicktrading a few days ago and I have the black USB reader. I'm using my own reader tho that I got at best buy. I'm too paranoid to use the included reader from all the horror stories I've heard and teh bulk of them seem to be with the silver and blue readers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle