Hacking M3 DS Real Problems - No SD Card Found

DansDans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry about the newbie question everyone, I tried to search the forum for this problem but gave up when the search engine didnt give back the results I was after and looked through the last 20 pages in this forum

I have a Chinese M3 DS real card - when I bought it in HK it came with a 1Gb Kingston Micro SD and has worked fine since. I've been reading that this card supports SDHC cards, so I went and bought a Kingston 4Gb SDHC (says JAPAN on it and is Class 4). It came with an SD adaptor but that doesnt read on my laptop card reader, the only way it works is if I use the USB reader that came with the M3 card. Anyway, so I used that, could only format it to FAT32, so I installed the latest firmware on it (3.7) and added the NDS folder for structure. I have not put any ROMS or programs on the card other than SYSTEM and the NDS folder. Put the card in the M3, and put the M3 in the DS, powered up and it sits there for about 5 seconds then says "NO SD CARD FOUND"

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

DansDans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I was getting worried when I hadn't heard anything from anyone, as I was sure I wasnt the only person that this has happened to. I will take the card back and ask for a replacement and see how I go

DansDans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I fixed the problem by getting a replacement card, however I loaded 80 ROMS onto it, it mis-reported the size of every ROM and wouldnt load them at all...

I had to take off quite a few ROMS to get it to work

Anyone know how to fix this?

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using usb reader which came with M3 Real? It's shite - often corrupts SD cards.

Try usb adapter which came with SD card and reformat the card to FAT32 (default allocation).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
visitor000 said:
Are you using usb reader which came with M3 Real? It's shite - often corrupts SD cards.

Try usb adapter which came with SD card and reformat the card to FAT32 (default allocation).
the only problem with that is his laptop wont read SDHC cards as he said when he tried the adapter

MaXiM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got out and buy a decent SDHC Reader to use on your laptop. I recommend any Sandisk reader, but these two I have and they work great....

Link -> Sandisk SDDR-104
Link -> Sandisk SDDR-121

There is no substitute for quality.... My Bundled SDHC Reader that came with my M3DS Real died after 7 days and corrupted the files on my mates SHDC 4GB Kingston....
wink.gif

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
visitor000 said:

the only problem with that is his laptop wont read SDHC cards as he said when he tried the adapter

He got a new card (replaced faulty one), and I thought that he got new usb adapter too.

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MaXiM said:
Got out and buy a decent SDHC Reader to use on your laptop. I recommend any Sandisk reader, but these two I have and they work great....

Link -> Sandisk SDDR-104
Link -> Sandisk SDDR-121

There is no substitute for quality.... My Bundled SDHC Reader that came with my M3DS Real died after 7 days and corrupted the files on my mates SHDC 4GB Kingston....
wink.gif

+ 1. Yeah it's better to buy genuine card and usb reader, because people usually have a lot of problems with those cheap replicas from eBay.

I also have two SDDR-121-A11M, which came with my sandisk 8 gb cards, and they are fantastic.

Nagaroth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As others have said, it's incredible the difference between using a crap reader (*ahem* the M3 one *ahem*) and a good one. At first I used the one that came with the cart and I had problem after problem, data corruption, system not working... luckily the reader died within a week so I switched to my SanDisk reader. Never had a problem again.

It's well worth the price, trust me.

DansDans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
visitor000 said:
Joe88 said:
visitor000 said:

He got a new card (replaced faulty one), and I thought that he got new usb adapter too.

Yes thanks guys I did get a new card, that came with a new SD adaptor, but that still doesnt work. The USB thing that I got the M3 seems to be working fine - and I only load new ROMS every month or two so I don't use it that often. Strangely the PS3 will read the Micro SD card through the SD adaptor.

It all seems to be going OK now - except for the ROM issue I was having. Has anyone else had this issue? I took about 25 ROMS off and hid them on a folder on the card and it reads them now, but I cant open up the folder I hid them to read them.

Also, has anyone noticed with the new firmware it saves the games now as .SAV files?

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's strange that kingston usb reader does not work in your PC
frown.gif

Does it appear as new USB device attached when you insert it? Will you see it in Device Manager? maybe there is some driver issue.

And just out of curiosity, could you try it somewhere on other PC? Will it work there?

M3 Real's USB adapter might appear to work, it might look like files are written properly etc, but file system structure could be (and most likely is) corrupted by it. So it's better not to use it at all. Most of people who use it have to reformat cards quite often, cursing it. There were a few very unfortunate people who had almost lost their SD cards because of it - there were reports that it corrupted SD cards badly that MS Windows would not accept/recognize cards at all, so it's impossible to reformat them (some of those people succeeded re-formating them under Apple and in mobile phones...)

DansDans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
visitor000 said:
frown.gif

Does it appear as new USB device attached when you insert it? Will you see it in Device Manager? maybe there is some driver issue.

And just out of curiosity, could you try it somewhere on other PC? Will it work there?

The Kingston didnt come with a USB adaptor - only a Micro SD to SD adaptor. That doesnt work on the laptop but does work on the PS3

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
This just in!

M3 DS real pricetag is complete bullshit! and a laughing joke! it costs around twice as much as an AK2 which is just as good as the M3real and the SCDSone has more features and costs less too!
and this is just the budget one without the expansion pack!

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DansDans said:
visitor000 said:
frown.gif

The Kingston didnt come with a USB adaptor - only a Micro SD to SD adaptor. That doesnt work on the laptop but does work on the PS3

Oh I see, sorry I didn't get this first time - thought that it came with usb adapter which didn't work... :-(
Then you have two choices:
1) make it work in your computer's SD slot if possible (maybe updated device driver will do).
2) buy good USB adapter.

Also, if you have other device like mobile phone, pocket pc, palm or digital camera which can read microsdhc or SD cards, you could try using them instead of SD adapter (or maybe it is possible to connect PS3 to PC and get access to its SD slot from PC)...

MaXiM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the Card won't read in the Laptop SD Reader, then the laptop SD reader is NOT SDHC compatible and will never read it. If it reads other smaller SHDC cards, then the drivers are fine... It's a simple USB Masstorage driver with no real guts.....The reader is not hardware compatible, whereas the PS3 is. You need a decent USB based SDHC compatible reader if you want to have trouble free DS Gaming...
wink.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topfragger said:
This just in!

M3 DS real pricetag is complete bullshit! and a laughing joke! it costs around twice as much as an AK2 which is just as good as the M3real and the SCDSone has more features and costs less too!
and this is just the budget one without the expansion pack!
gtfo troll fag

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye-guys-girls-others.653902/#post-10401826