Hacking M3 DS Real buying experience and tips

gttalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone... I just got two M3 DS Reals over the past month and they are great. I ordered the perfect package from Realhotstuff and was so impressed with the M3 DS Real and the company I ordered it from, I ordered another package for another DS. I got the M3 DS Real with the GBA expansion pack to do GBA stuff as well as DS stuff. This is what I ordered:

http://www.realhotstuff.com/real-rumble-expansion-p-258.html

www.realhotstuff.com has great prices, is very fast, friendly, and takes paypal. They shipped it in a nice secure package.

For the second order (bought another package deal), the GBA expansion card was a little messed up from manufacturing (not their fault) and they replaced it quickly. The company is better than some big companies like buy.com and amazon.com. I am impressed.

As far as micro SD cards, I ordered them from another site. One word of experience, buy SANDISK! Not Kingston. For my first M3 DS Real, I got a 2GB sandisk and it worked like a charm. The next one I got a cheaper Kingston (Japan) 2GB from buy.com on sale and it did not work in the M3 DS Real. After doing some google searches, the Kingston micro sd don't work in a lot of mobile devices. I ended up buying another SanDisk. Anyways, stick with SANDISK if you don't want any troubles. I got the SANDISK 2048 A10 and A11 from amazon.com. The seller JoWow has great prices. Both revs work perfectly!

Good luck!
yaynds.gif

recacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone... I just got two M3 DS Reals over the past month and they are great. I ordered the perfect package from Realhotstuff and was so impressed with the M3 DS Real and the company I ordered it from, I ordered another package for another DS. I got the M3 DS Real with the GBA expansion pack to do GBA stuff as well as DS stuff. This is what I ordered:

http://www.realhotstuff.com/real-rumble-expansion-p-258.html

www.realhotstuff.com has great prices, is very fast, friendly, and takes paypal. They shipped it in a nice secure package.

For the second order (bought another package deal), the GBA expansion card was a little messed up from manufacturing (not their fault) and they replaced it quickly. The company is better than some big companies like buy.com and amazon.com. I am impressed.

As far as micro SD cards, I ordered them from another site. One word of experience, buy SANDISK! Not Kingston. For my first M3 DS Real, I got a 2GB sandisk and it worked like a charm. The next one I got a cheaper Kingston (Japan) 2GB from buy.com on sale and it did not work in the M3 DS Real. After doing some google searches, the Kingston micro sd don't work in a lot of mobile devices. I ended up buying another SanDisk. Anyways, stick with SANDISK if you don't want any troubles. I got the SANDISK 2048 A10 and A11 from amazon.com. The seller JoWow has great prices. Both revs work perfectly!

Good luck!Â
yaynds.gif

being new to all this, i too went with rhs with my first order which was 2 m3 perfect bundles. they both shipped the next day and were delivered the day after that (and i am nowhere near them). to date neither have had any issues (with the rare exception of freezing up on a particular game - but im sure it isnt m3 related). i felt as though i was missing out on the fun playing ds that i ordered a 3rd m3 real (card only) and again, got it the day after it shipped. my msd card should be here tomorrow. now to find a ds in my area!

soybean84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I got the perfect bundle from RHS as well. Reading stuff online, it was obvious that they were the fastest shippers and only cost few extra $ to get the better service.

In reply to the OP, I too, have had better results with the slow sandisk rather than the MIJ 2gb kingston. The 1gb kingston and 2gb sandisk work fine, but the 2gb kingston gave me problems in some games, (noticeable castlevania por).

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i hear good things about RHS too. mainly because they sponsor scdev.org so they get mentioned quite alot. their prices are quite steep compared to say dealextreme, but then i guess you're paying for their service and their fast delivery.

could the kingstons be fakes? i've bought a 2gig from dealextreme and it's always worked flawlessly.

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i got my M3 Simplys and M3 Reals from www.Ozmodchips.com they answered my emails within 20 minutes and they seem really finicky about quality and the prices rock.. they don't just do Aussie either they do international by the sounds of it too

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use RealHotStuff and DealExtreme. RHS is faster and DE is cheaper. also the echoestore is about in the middle. RHS and DE both gave excellent service and notified me of every movment of my order.
As far as tips for the M3 Real ummmm use a sd card formatting program not windows. All my chips work Kingston SanDisk Lexar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)