Luma questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ValconExe, Sep 15, 2016.

1. ValconExe
    OP

ValconExe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    I just have 2 questions:

1: I have used rxTools before. Is updating Luma the same as updating rxTools?

2: I did my first time settings for Luma. Now, I want to change one of them (I want to make it so I don't have to hold L to open emuNAND). I looked it up in the wiki, that you should just hold select when it is booting, but when I did that, it just made it boot to sysNAND (even though I was holding L). Is there any way to change it other than holding select while booting?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you want to make it so it boots into emuNAND without you holding any button, then reconfigure menuhax so it boots with no buttons.
    To do this, boot into the homebrew menu (you may have to temporarily replace your boot.3dsx with the original one from the starter pack) and go to menuhax installer, then pick the configure option.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Sep 15, 2016
  3. xyxa

xyxa Dokoro

Aug 24, 2016
    Somalia
    1: You can use lumaupdater to update Luma3DS.
    That's for A9LH, sorry.

Last edited by xyxa, Sep 15, 2016
  4. ValconExe
    OP

ValconExe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    Wait, so how do I update it? (Meaning like from 11.0 to 11.1) Is it just like rxTools where you just go and choose system update in settings?

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Updating your firmware is the same regardless of CFW type