Hacking Luma CFW update fail

MintCrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello, today i tried to update the luma cfw on my 3ds from 8.1-31e2243c (dev?) (for some reason it says dev behind the version but im on a retail 2ds) to 8.1.1-cf8696a. when i try to install it, it gives me an error saying that arm9loaderhax.bin is missing (i am on B9S, not a9lh). So what do i do now?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, today i tried to update the luma cfw on my 3ds from 8.1-31e2243c (dev?) (for some reason it says dev behind the version but im on a retail 2ds) to 8.1.1-cf8696a. when i try to install it, it gives me an error saying that arm9loaderhax.bin is missing (i am on B9S, not a9lh). So what do i do now?
You're using the dev version of Luma. For one, stop using nightlies and just wait for an official release there are no "game changing" additions to warrant an every week update at this point. download Luma 8.1.1 again from the Github and don't use the one that ends in "dev".... Then you should be able to update it to the latest hourly, though I still don't recommend it it's up to you.

Reactions: Quantumcat and ThoD

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're using the dev version of Luma. For one, stop using nightlies and just wait for an official release there are no "game changing" additions to warrant an every week update at this point. download Luma 8.1.1 again from the Github and don't use the one that ends in "dev".... Then you should be able to update it to the latest hourly, though I still don't recommend it it's up to you.
No, it says "dev" because they're using Hamcha's Luma Updater (a9lh only) and not my fork.
Check my signature for a link to my Luma Updater fork. Delete the Luma Updater you have now and install my fork, then use that to download 8.1.1.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it says "dev" because they're using Hamcha's Luma Updater and not my fork.

Check my signature for a link to my Luma Updater fork. Delete the Luma Updater you have now and install my fork, then use that to download 8.1.1.
Didn't think about that haha, I just assumed he got it from the "guide" which directs to your fork Lol

MintCrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Ah! Thanks. I recently had a SD card failure so i wanted to get all my homebrew apps back as soon as possible. I just googled luma updater .cia and clicked the first result. I guess i have to take more time when something similar happens.

My Dutch autocorrect really fricking hates me

Last edited by MintCrystal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: