quangbuule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,

I am getting this error after recharging my New 3DS from zero.

IMG_6293.jpg

What should I do to fix this problem?
Thank you a lot!

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
try replacing the boot.firm file on the SD card to a new one, did anything else happened aside from letting the battery completely discharge?

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
from my experience, this has to do with the boot.firm, since that's what pretty much handles startup under CFW, what happens when you try to turn it on while no SD card is inserted?

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you, the 3DS by no means is lost, but I lack the knowledge to fixing the problem, I'm sure others know how to, tho... so here I go @Quantumcat (sorry QC, I know you are a well versed user around here and was the first one I thought of...)

quangbuule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you, the 3DS by no means is lost, but I lack the knowledge to fixing the problem, I'm sure others know how to, tho... so here I go @Quantumcat (sorry QC, I know you are a well versed user around here and was the first one I thought of...)
No worries, really appreciate your comments.

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I had something like this happen to a friend's system a while ago. You could try doing a ctrtransfer through Godmode9/Decrypt9, that should fix it, though the error Luma gave me was different. If I remember my friend's system had a corrupted home menu after an update or something that just kinda broke it.
If you wanna try doing a ctrtransfer follow this guide from 3ds.guide.

Reactions: quangbuule

quangbuule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh I had something like this happen to a friend's system a while ago. You could try doing a ctrtransfer through Godmode9/Decrypt9, that should fix it, though the error Luma gave me was different. If I remember my friend's system had a corrupted home menu after an update or something that just kinda broke it.
If you wanna try doing a ctrtransfer follow this guide from 3ds.guide.
I just tried CTRTransfer but had no luck :(

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried CTRTransfer but had no luck :(
Did you do the ctrtransfer on Godmode9 or Decrypt9? If you used GodMode9 it might be worth trying it again on Decrypt9. Apparently D9 handles it differently and helped someone else with a similar problem. If that doesnt work, you could try doing the "Black screen on SysNAND boot" section in the troubleshooting bit in the guide.

Zorodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have this exact problem too. I have tried everything posted in this thread except for decrypt9 (If anyone could explain to me how) however, my 3ds still does not work.
If anyone that passes by has a fix, I would be much appreciated

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this exact problem too. I have tried everything posted in this thread except for decrypt9 (If anyone could explain to me how) however, my 3ds still does not work.
If anyone that passes by has a fix, I would be much appreciated
EDIT #2: Sept-08-2019
Decrypt9WIP CTRTransfer is no longer recommended due to certain drawbacks; please use instead CTRTransfer (Type D9).

If you have boot9strap and Luma3DS custom firmware:
  1. Download Decrypt9WIP from d0k3.secretalgorithm.com and put this at:
    • sdmc:/luma/payloads/Decrypt9WIP.firm
  2. Relocate the CTRTransfer *.bin and *.sha image at:
    • sdmc:/files9/11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.bin
    • sdmc:/files9/11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.bin.sha
    • Adjust for region and old or new series.
  3. Reinsert the card into the 3DS, turn on the system, and hold (Select) (Start) button to access Luma3DS chainloader.
  4. Decrypt9WIP → SysNAND Options → CTRTransfer... → Auto CTRNAND Transfer → button combo → 11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.binetc.
Edit #1 - I made the mistake of start vs select buttons.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

ThatOneCookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have boot9strap and Luma3DS custom firmware:
  1. Download Decrypt9WIP from d0k3.secretalgorithm.com and put this at:
    • sdmc:/luma/payloads/Decrypt9WIP.firm
  2. Relocate the CTRTransfer *.bin and *.sha image at:
    • sdmc:/files9/11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.bin
    • sdmc:/files9/11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.bin.sha
    • Adjust for region and old or new series.
  3. Reinsert the card into the 3DS, turn on the system, and hold (Select) (Start) button to access Luma3DS chainloader.
  4. Decrypt9WIP → SysNAND Options → CTRTransfer... → Auto CTRNAND Transfer → button combo → 11.5.0-38E_ctrtransfer_n3ds.binetc.
Edit - I made the mistake of start vs select buttons.
i cant find a thing called file9 is that just the root of the sd card
edit fixed mistake

Last edited by ThatOneCookie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY