Not open for further replies.

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have Luma3DS 9.0 installed on my New 2DS XL, thanks to https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started. My firmware is 11.7 It worked great for a couple of months, then one night I was in the middle of playing Resident Evil Revelations and it locked up on me. I rebooted several times after the game locked up, then I noticed it was locking up on the main menu. I don't mean black screen, the display just froze and sound shut off. I loaded a backup on to my SD card but it didn't help. I bought a new 128BG Lexar sd card and loaded my backup onto it (FAT32). But for some reason the system won't turn on with the Lexar inserted. So I booted it up with no SD card and it seemed stable for a minute, then locked up. I turned it back on and got an exception error. It got to where it wouldn't load anything at all, then I put my original Sandisk SD card in and it acted like everything was fine. I did the restore SysNand thing from the Luma update tool. I played RE:Revelations for about 5 minutes before it locked up again. I followed the troubleshooting guide on https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting. I removed xdata and reset luma config. Nothing seems to help. I can fiddle with it and get it to boot up to main menu, but it still locks up within a few seconds usually. I tried restoring the sysnand backup I made when setting all this up, but it crashed midway through the restoration. After spending all afternoon on it, I'm no better or worse off than I was yesterday. Have I done something wrong? Am I just bricked? Should I look for a sendin service? Or just buy a new system?

Attachments

• crash dump 02.jpg
    crash dump 02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 982
  • crash dump 03.jpg
    crash dump 03.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 729
  • crash dump 01.jpg
    crash dump 01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,136
  • 20180907_184639.jpg
    20180907_184639.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,157

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have Luma3DS 9.0 installed on my New 2DS XL, thanks to https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started. My firmware is 11.7 It worked great for a couple of months, then one night I was in the middle of playing Resident Evil Revelations and it locked up on me. I rebooted several times after the game locked up, then I noticed it was locking up on the main menu. I don't mean black screen, the display just froze and sound shut off. I loaded a backup on to my SD card but it didn't help. I bought a new 128BG Lexar sd card and loaded my backup onto it (FAT32). But for some reason the system won't turn on with the Lexar inserted. So I booted it up with no SD card and it seemed stable for a minute, then locked up. I turned it back on and got an exception error. It got to where it wouldn't load anything at all, then I put my original Sandisk SD card in and it acted like everything was fine. I did the restore SysNand thing from the Luma update tool. I played RE:Revelations for about 5 minutes before it locked up again. I followed the troubleshooting guide on https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting. I removed xdata and reset luma config. Nothing seems to help. I can fiddle with it and get it to boot up to main menu, but it still locks up within a few seconds usually. I tried restoring the sysnand backup I made when setting all this up, but it crashed midway through the restoration. After spending all afternoon on it, I'm no better or worse off than I was yesterday. Have I done something wrong? Am I just bricked? Should I look for a sendin service? Or just buy a new system?

Problem might be your SD card, check it with H2testw below, backup your data on the SD card on your computer, then run a test on the SD card, with no file on it.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if restoring you own nand doesn't work then there is the option of CTR-Transfer basically it is universal nand.

Hey man I really appreciate the tips. I went through all the steps for restoring CTRNAND, and it keeps getting stuck trying to do the system update. It seems at this point like it almost has to be a hardware issue. I'm at the end of my rope here. I've never gotten a lemon from nintendo before. I guess I'm going to try to just snipe out a cheap 3ds from a local classified and start all over.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man I really appreciate the tips. I went through all the steps for restoring CTRNAND, and it keeps getting stuck trying to do the system update. It seems at this point like it almost has to be a hardware issue. I'm at the end of my rope here. I've never gotten a lemon from nintendo before. I guess I'm going to try to just snipe out a cheap 3ds from a local classified and start all over.
not necessarily the process of ctrtransfer via gm9 included safety checks that wont allow a file to be overwritten if an equivalent version exist and your problem may lie in a part of the fw gm9 refuses to override so i suggest you attempt a ctrtransfer via decrypt9. d9 has no safety checks in place and so will rewrite files gm9 would skip

warning as there is no safety checks test the validity of your sd card beforehand

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Run a h2testw test on your SD card first, also do you have spare SD card around to test with the 3ds?

Reactions: wormdood

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run a h2testw test on your SD card first, also do you have spare SD card around to test with the 3ds?

I tried ran a full scan with h2testw and the SD card is fine. I tried putting all the same data on a 128gb lexar and the system would not turn on. But it boots up ok (sometimes) with no SD card.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried ran a full scan with h2testw and the SD card is fine. I tried putting all the same data on a 128gb lexar and the system would not turn on. But it boots up ok (sometimes) with no SD card.

128GB formatted as Fat32, 32kb cluster and Primary partition?

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not necessarily the process of ctrtransfer via gm9 included safety checks that wont allow a file to be overwritten if an equivalent version exist and your problem may lie in a part of the fw gm9 refuses to override so i suggest you attempt a ctrtransfer via decrypt9. d9 has no safety checks in place and so will rewrite files gm9 would skip

warning as there is no safety checks test the validity of your sd card beforehand

I can't get decrypt9 to load up. I tried loading it through homebrew launcher and it just stalled for a couple seconds and went back to home screen. Never saw any interface. Also tried running it through luma payloads by renaming the files right_Decrypt9WIP.bin and holding Right on startup. Nothing.

Restoring CitraNAND through GM9 seemed to go fine, although all my games and homebrews disappeared. Yes I ran the “CTRTransfer Ticket Copy” script from “GM9Megascript”.
Am I supposed to restore my ticket? The guide doesn't tough on that.
I hit a brick wall on the guide when it asked me to go to the 3ds options and perform a system update. To be fair, it still locks up randomly without attempting the update.

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This issue was resolved by restoring my backup NAND. I still had a problem for a few months where it wouldn't let me install a game CIA. I could install homebrew CIAs just fine. Some sort of ticket or title conflict. The problem was finally fixed by running tinyformat to reset the NAND. Now I'm installing my CIAs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1