Hacking Luma 3DS black screen A9LH

ceelo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just upgraded my A9LH new3ds from Luma5.3.1 to the new 6.1.2. I can access everything before startup fine (my payload stuff and its settings), but when I press start to save, I just get a black screen. Idk what happened, like 10 minutes ago on 5.3.1 it was fine, and now its just a black screen. Is there a file I deleted that I wasnt supposed to in the luma folder? All I did was take out some firmware bins that I didnt need anymore...

ceelo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that. Didn't help, but I DID use an older luma release one by that Alex website that does it nightly... Used one from like early August, and it's working... So I guess Ill leave it at that and not fudge with it... I'll leave thread open I suppose in case anyone has a solution to enable me to use the latest version. Thanks for the suggestion!

ceelo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, its straight A9LH using Luma3DS. No emunand being used at all. The sysnand atm is 10.07... Do you think I should update it to 11.0?

::EDIT:: Upgraded to 11.0.0.33, and I also used Alexs Luma3ds nightly rebuilds, the newest one (today, 9/11), and its working... Thanks for the help Joom

Last edited by ceelo,
Reactions: Joom

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
No, its straight A9LH using Luma3DS. No emunand being used at all. The sysnand atm is 10.07... Do you think I should update it to 11.0?

::EDIT:: Upgraded to 11.0.0.33, and I also used Alexs Luma3ds nightly rebuilds, the newest one (today, 9/11), and its working... Thanks for the help Joom
You should stick to stable builds. Nightlies are called that for a reason.

ceelo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but the stable build still didn't work. Previously, I was also using nightlies for months at a time XD

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes but the stable build still didn't work. Previously, I was also using nightlies for months at a time XD
It should work now that you're on 11.0 (it does for me and I have the same setup), but I'm wondering why it wouldn't on 10.7. That really doesn't make sense.

zerox521

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should work now that you're on 11.0 (it does for me and I have the same setup), but I'm wondering why it wouldn't on 10.7. That really doesn't make sense.

I have my N3ds on 11.0 too and I have the same problem after updating Luna.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I have my N3ds on 11.0 too and I have the same problem after updating Luna.
b64ac2f2-4b84-4073-95b3-3628dafbb61b
I have a vanilla, no screeninit A9LH N3DS on 11.0 running the latest stable release of Luma without any sort of issues. You have something setup incorrectly.

b64ac2f2-4b84-4073-95b3-3628dafbb61b
bNlsH32.png

Last edited by Joom,

anonymoose

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the exactly same issue!
The last commit that worked for me was v6.1.1-7f937331 and everything after that just blackscreens after the configuration.
(would you mind to try this version to see if it works for you https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/builds/Luma-7f937331.zip , to see if we have the same issue?)

Let me know how you fixed that problem.

Last edited by anonymoose,

sys64738

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi!
I have installed today A9HL to my O3DS XL, from Plailect guide.
In PART3 - Section IV -Step10 - If you copied a firmware.bin to /luma/ earlier, delete it after updating or you won't be able to boot.
I deleted and boot up 3DS and error screen comes out: An old unsupported NAND has been detected... copy firmware bin to luma folder!
Everybody see before this error?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi!
I have installed today A9HL to my O3DS XL, from Plailect guide.
In PART3 - Section IV -Step10 - If you copied a firmware.bin to /luma/ earlier, delete it after updating or you won't be able to boot.
I deleted and boot up 3DS and error screen comes out: An old unsupported NAND has been detected... copy firmware bin to luma folder!
Everybody see before this error?

When you started, what firmware did you had? Between 4.0 and 4.5?

Did you updated via system settings prior to delet the firmware.bin as instructed on the same step?
You should.

If not, download the O3DS firmware.bin from step 7 and put it in luma folder.
Boot up and do step 8, 9 and 10 whitout jumping anything.

sys64738

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
When you started, what firmware did you had? Between 4.0 and 4.5?

Did you updated via system settings prior to delet the firmware.bin as instructed on the same step?
You should.

If not, download the O3DS firmware.bin from step 7 and put it in luma folder.
Boot up and do step 8, 9 and 10 whitout jumping anything.

Yes i started from 4.5 Fw.
I have restored my 4.5 and then updated to 11.0.0.33 and after that deleted firmware. bin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...