LulzSc Hacker Apparently Arrested

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 7,556
  • Replies 53
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Around 11 a.m., Sony Computer Entertainment’s Developer Network Source Code was hacked and uploaded to several file sharing websites by a group of hackers known as Lulz Security (LulzSec) under the Twitter name @LulzSec.

One member of the group, Robert Cavanaugh, was apprehended and taken into custody by the FBI after an apparent counter hack, according to an internal chat log from their private IRC server, posted through SecList, a network mapper website.

The developer network source code leaked by the group on June 6 is principally the design recipe for the resource network where developers embed their programming, like PlayStation games. With it, hackers would be able to make changes to it, reverse-engineering the network and creating duplicates or different versions.

They would also be able use the source code to find holes in the system and exploit them, wreaking further havoc on Sony’s already battered network security team.

Although previous hacks into the network allowed many people to illegally download games for free and access Sony programming resources, it is possible that with the source code, a hacker could potentially duplicate a form of the network so that he would have constant real time access to it.

LulzSec has been targeting Sony in particular due to legal action that Sony took in January against hacker George “GeoHot” Hotz for jailbreaking the PlayStation 3 system.

LulzSec, among other individual hackers, have compromised Sony computer networks multiple times in the past few weeks following the highly publicized PlayStation Network hack.

They recently breached Sony Pictures and stole 150,000 records, claiming they had access to a database with more than 4.5 million records. LulzSec stated “SonyPictures.com was owned by a very simple SQL injection, one of the most primitive and common vulnerabilities, as we should all know by now. From a single injection, we accessed EVERYTHING. Why do you put such faith in a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?”

The recent hack is also significant in that it comes only a day before the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles in which Sony is expected to publicly and directly apologize for their response to the PSN and Qriocity breach in April, while also introducing new technology and products.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Lulz!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
D

Deleted User

OP
Their twitter says no one was arrested. Though who knows...

Oh so Sony was planning to apologize. That's good to know I suppose.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
zachpl said:
QUOTE said:
Interesting... this article claims one of us was arrested: http://bit.ly/koKSkV That's strange because all of us are still here. Uh-oh!
QUOTESo if we're here... and someone is arrested... then how did... we... oh lawdy, Robert Cavanaugh. You dun goofed.

http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec
Now that's funny.

So they arrested a wrong person? Or they arrested just one so, they're just saying that isn't the same as getting them all?

Someone should make a movie about this.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zachpl said:
QUOTE said:
Interesting... this article claims one of us was arrested: http://bit.ly/koKSkV That's strange because all of us are still here. Uh-oh!
QUOTESo if we're here... and someone is arrested... then how did... we... oh lawdy, Robert Cavanaugh. You dun goofed.

don't taze me, bro! don't taze me for real!

btw what does that little girl's dad have to do with Rober Cavanaugh? random.... (anyone not in the know, "You dun goofed" is something that anonymous griefed out of some innocent little 4chan girl's father a short while ago. sad.)

Hope the FBI catches all these criminals tbh.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. I don't even know if someone got arrested or not. Lies can be pulled out from both ends. I like how the article claims that LulzSec is hacking Sony because of the GeoHot incident. Is this true though? Have they even said that themselves?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Amber Lamps said:
don't taze me, bro! don't taze me for real!

btw what does that little girl's dad have to do with Rober Cavanaugh? random.... (anyone not in the know, "You dun goofed" is something that anonymous griefed out of some innocent little 4chan girl's father a short while ago. sad.)
It's a meme. It's not necessarily related to Jessi Slaughter.

It's like asking what the University of Florida guy has to do with this thread. (@ bold part)

Now, on topic. I want to know what is going on with this.

D

Deleted User

OP
Anakir said:
lol. I don't even know if someone got arrested or not. Lies can be pulled out from both ends. I like how the article claims that LulzSec is hacking Sony because of the GeoHot incident. Is this true though? Have they even said that themselves?
Maybe they are hacking for the lulz. XD

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zachpl said:
QUOTE said:

Even if it was one of them, it's likely they aren't getting any information, hackers are some of the most persistent people I've seen. Probably just some unlucky bastard running a tor proxy that they just happened to be using.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo