Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While randomly surfing the interwebz, I came across this:
QUOTE said:
Hey!

We're almost ready to release lukomon pokédex. We are still finetuning, polishing and testing lukomon pokédex and we plan to submit it after the weekend. We will probably be giving away promotional codes, so keep an eye on this thread!

Some of your suggestions already made it in lukomon, but we still love to get feedback from you! We're pushing hard to get lukomon published next week but your suggestions can make it in a future version!
-----

So You Want To Be A Pokémon Master?
Now you can! With lukomon you'll always know where to catch that Pokémon, how to get this item and how to evolve Pokémon. That's only the tip of the iceberg and even more features will come soon!
We did our best to ensure you won't miss any crucial information and we think we succeeded in doing that. Why? Because lukomon pokédex has the most and best features ever seen in an App Store Pokédex app!

Our features include:
* Complete Pokédex with all 493 Pokémon, showing the following information:
  • General information (Catch rate, Types, Egg Groups, Abilities, etc.)
    Game specific information (Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond, Pearl)
    • Moves
      Locations
      Hold Items
    Evolutions
    Pokémon's cry
* Item database, which includes:
  • Pokéballs
    Berries
    Poffins
    Key items
    Evolution items
    Battle items
    Medicin
    Misc items
* Location database
  • Filter by region (Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn)
    Game specific information
    See which Pokémon and items can be found on location
* Move database
  • Filter by category or type (Physical, Water, Fire, etc.)
    General information (Base power, accuracy, PP, etc.)
    See which Pokémon get this move
* Clean and fast interface
  • Users can find their way through lukomon easily
    No internet connection required
    Filter your searches
    You can do everything! Want to see which Pokémon got this move? Want know where to get this item? How can I level up this Pokémon? That's all possible!
lukomonpokedex3.png
lukomonpokedex6.png

lukomonpokedex1.png
lukomonpokedex5.png

lukomonpokedex2.png
lukomonpokedex4.png

And that's not all! We will be adding even more unique features in coming updates. Around the corner:
* Event calendar
* Favorites
* EV Stats tool
And Much More!

Conclusion
lukomon pokédex is the only pokédex app you will ever need!

source: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=210534

Sounds great I guess. A full Pokédex app for both Android and iPhone? Yes please! What are your thoughts about it? [I hope this is the right section for this]

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol, I guess they won't make it free. At least, I'd pay 2 dollars max for it. I mean, what if you're playing in your bed, need some info, but don't want to start your computer. Hoorah, you can look at your iphone!

Well, unless this app isn't crap. By looking at the screens I'd say it's really decent. If you compare it to the already available pokedex apps in the app store (all rubbish) I guess those developers certainly can make some money with it. They have mine, at least (but i'm a big Pokémon sucker
tongue.gif
)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
unless it is free and someone randomly gives me an iphone, i am definitely not caring about this

^This^

I don't care for the iPhone or anything of the sort. Nor do I care for what they do to people. So many times I've known people for years and they've always had the time for a chat, and then they get an iPhone and all of a sudden they can't chat 'cause they have to download a new app or check the weather in Moscow (even though they've never been there and don't know anybody there), or even worse when they just sit and go on at great length about how marvelous the iPhone is and how they can't see how they ever got by without it. I'll tell you how we got by. We spent quality time together and generally enjoyed life instead of listening to yet another debate about the glory of the latest technological ass-raping of individuality. Put your fucking phone away or so help me god I'm gonna ram it up the crack of your arse.

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's so wrong about the iPhone? Those smartphones are the future.

Besides, this topic isn't about how useless an iPhone is, but about a Pokémon app which probably will help a lot of people. At least it'll help me, I guess.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
He said about releasing a free app and paid app.
Obviously the free app will have features missing.
But, support the guy, he put a lot of hard work into this.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Prowler485 said:
But, support the guy, he put a lot of hard work into this.
Preaching to the choir, man. :/

Whenever it manages to get into the Appstore I'll get it for the sake that a on-hand Pokedex, no matter how nerdy, is still pretty awesome.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sjaz said:
What is *snip? Something like a rom downloading site?
*snip is the name of a dead app,
the original project was an easy method to download and install cracked .ipas for MobileOSX.
the app itself didn't have any links to warez, but was useless without the illegal content, and for legal issues the project was shut down (even though latest private version had some pretty neat and innovative features)
there is still a much older version called *snip available, which is pointed by default at the apptrackr download reposary, based off the *snip framework (*snip being a site that shut down due to overuse of piracy).

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, thanks. So that means you can download the app for free? That means the developer doesn't earn something from it.. yeah, I know, there are pirates on this site (I myself have downloaded some PC games too) but I think it's just BS to download something (which probably doesn't cost more than 2 dollars) for free... At least, this developer can count on my money!
smile.gif

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*Epic mega bump*

hey guys... it's been awhile since this app launched and I'm curious if there are people here who actually bought it. Well I did and I loved it, but it did miss some data. One point the awesome developer has worked on in the just released version 1.1.

Seriously I love the developer. It didn't look like it sold really well (didn't appear in the charts) but they keep supporting it with awesome updates, something I think is very important. Check out their blog here for some good info as I won't describe the whole app here...
tongue.gif
http://www.kombostudio.nl/

Anyways I think it's so cool when developers keep supporting their apps even months after they released it. I just got an iPhone 4 and as a surprise they also added Retina graphics in 1.1, very cool indeed. So uh, I suggest that if you're even a bit into Pokémon, you really need to buy this app. Best two bucks ever spent.

And I wonder... did anyone already have the app?

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for the doublepost, but I have a question for the mods; can this topic be moved to the Other Systems Discussions > Other Handhelds > iPhone, iPod & iPad section? When I made this topic that section wasn't available yet IIRC. Anyway thank you very much, I think this topic will be more striking in that section :-)

Senrii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i came along this too when searching for a pokedex in the App store. i first downloaded it trough *snip but bought it a little while ago and thought it was pretty good but not the best. like you said the recent update surprised me because it introduced some neat features hope they keep supporting the app

Sjaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's cool. I've been using it a lot lately, the new update really is rocking. It's a pity that it doesn't work on some firmwares anymore tho... hope they fix it soon.
2.png

(lol thanks to the iphone 4 rez it's a biiiiig picture >_>)
Oh and mods, one time again; could you move this topic please? Or to anybody; is there a way to request a move? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: