EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Nintendo has filed a new trademark for Luigi's Mansion, despite the company already owning that trademark in the past for its GameCube offering.

This has drummed up speculation that the Japanese giant is working on a sequel to the underrated but adored ghost hunt, starring Mario's oft-overlooked brother, Luigi.

Of course, the file could be for a New Play Control respray of the GameCube game, in the same vein as the Metroid Prime trilogy, Pikmin and others.

Still, fingers crossed for a full sequel. Luigi's Mansion played out like one charming and beautifully crafter love letter to all things Nintendo, and there's plenty of scope for another adventure. If only to hear the little green guy shout 'maarriooo' again.

Source: http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/lu...ion-sequel.html

Honestly i rented both this and Sunshine when I first got my Gamecube and I thought Sunshine was better in every buggering way

mrwienerdog

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I loved that game. A sequel would be great.

Actually, it would be awesome if they just redid the original for the wii.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
First of all lets get this straight. Super Mario 2 was more of a mario game than Sunshine, and Mario 2 was based off of Doki Doki Panic.

Now...I loved Luigi's mansion. It was just the right amount of puzzle and action to keep me satisfied.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
yuyuyup said:
Mario Sunshine was a great mario game, how is it not a mario game

It had very little or nothing at all to do with the Mario universe. If you replaced Peach with some other kidnapped bimbo, replaced mario with some anthro animal or something and replaced baby bowser with another villain, it would not be a mario game whatsoever save a few enemies here and there.

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Their was nothing wrong with Sunshine dudeonline, it was trying something different for once. I applaud Nintendo actually trying something new. Metroid couldve have stuck with 3rd person adventuring, Zelda could have stuck with the same style, but they didnt and it was great.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
PLEASE NINTENDO
wub.gif

I completed this game 10+ times. I love this game.

Also, they could make it abit longer.

dudeonline said:
yuyuyup said:

It had very little or nothing at all to do with the Mario universe. If you replaced Peach with some other kidnapped bimbo, replaced mario with some anthro animal or something and replaced baby bowser with another villain, it would not be a mario game whatsoever save a few enemies here and there.

I lol'd completely.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
dudeonline said:
yuyuyup said:

what the fuck are you talking about?
rofl.gif
Is galaxy not a mario game too?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=111436

Would be disappointed if that game turned out to be this. In my opinion its a great game but sometimes games should just be singular entries and not franchises.

Could be another "New Play Control" title, could be a DS title or for a new handheld.

Of course it could just be another shitty calender for the DSiWare.

dudeonline said:
First of all lets get this straight. Super Mario 2 was more of a mario game than Sunshine, and Mario 2 was based off of Doki Doki Panic.
No not really but I'm sure you're convinced it is. Lets face it the first two games with Mario in were different to what Super Mario Bros is. If its a platformer with Mario...then its a Mario game end of.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
B-Blue said:
dudeonline said:
yuyuyup said:

what the fuck are you talking about?
rofl.gif
Is galaxy not a mario game too?

Lets see...

Galaxy: Traditional Mario enemies...check! Powerups...Check!
Sunshine: Traditional Enemies....you got a Parana Plant, and Bloopers...uh...half-check? Powerups...FLUDD but other than that no. no suits or anything like that.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
dudeonline said:
Lets see...

Galaxy: Traditional Mario enemies...check! Powerups...Check! Universe's...uh...half-check?
Sunshine: Traditional Enemies....you got a Parana Plant, and Bloopers...uh...half-check? Powerups...FLUDD but other than that no. no suits or anything like that.

Ohman. Do you know Nintendo?

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
deanxxczx said:
dudeonline said:
Lets see...

Galaxy: Traditional Mario enemies...check! Powerups...Check! Universe's...uh...half-check?

Half? what the hell are you talking about? There are more powerups in Galaxy than in most if not all mario games.

1. Spring - Mario coils himself in a spring, enabling him to bounce around and up to higher levels.
2. Ice - Mario freezes water as he runs over it.
3. Fire Flower - Mario throws destructive fireballs.
4. Star - Mario has invincibility for a while.
5. Bee - As a bee Mario can fly a little.
6. Boo - Mario can travel through closed windows.

Not to mention the double health powerup.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Sunshine: Powerups...FLUDD but other than that no. no suits or anything like that.
FLUDD had different nozzles which acted like power-ups.

Did Mario Bros, the first games to feature Mario named as Mario feature any suits?

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
yuyuyup said:

And if you look up the dictionary for the word "tasteless" it has a picture of your avatar. Hmmm i wonder if there is a connection
unsure.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
deanxxczx said:
dudeonline said:
Lets see...

Half? what the hell are you talking about? There are more powerups in Galaxy than in most if not all mario games.
Read what you quoted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.